RCA camera hooked up to computer?

mtblue000

Beta member
Hello there, I've been searching for half an hour with no success on this.

I have a Sony fcb ex995e camera, and it is connected to my computer through an RCA port.

The camera is on but I cannot for the life of me find software or anything that will allow me to stream the video onto my computer. It's just the yellow video RCA connection. I feel like I shouldn't need to connect anything else....

Any suggestions?

I should add that the total connection from camera to computer is: BNC -> BNC to RCA adapter -> RCA

Does your PC even have a capture card installed? You may be plugging into an output on your video card. You need a capture card in order to do what you are talking about.

You might be trying to plug it into the RCA Output (On some graphics cards and motherboards) or potentially the SPDIF on your sound card. You will need a Video capture card (Like cboucher said) to view and record your camera.

Hello there, I've been searching for half an hour with no success on this.

I have a Sony fcb ex995e camera, and it is connected to my computer through an RCA port. Let me repeat that. It is connected to the computer by an RCA cable. Okay.

The camera is on but I cannot for the life of me find software or anything that will allow me to stream the video onto my computer. It's just the yellow video RCA connection. I feel like I shouldn't need to connect anything else....

Any suggestions?

I should add that the total connection from camera to computer is: BNC -> BNC to RCA adapter -> RCA

The way you're telling us it's plugged to the PC, it looks like it's plugged to the SPDIF connector. That's for audio output only. What I'd recommend you to do is to grab a TV tuner, as these have the connections required, and you can use the bundled software to play your recordings. Of course, you watch TV as well, if you have a free jack for it! If not, your other alternative is to buy a video capture card. Something like this:
Newegg.com - ENCORE USB Audio/Video Grabber ENMVG USB 2.0 Interface

Back
Top Bottom