Best antivirus software for desktop computers

well im not really a fanboy of Norton but when i find something that works i stay with it, but if i find something else and it works or works better ill switch!!

so does AVG let you know when there is a software update like lets say version 2011 to 2012, or do you have to go back to the website and download the new version?

Your best bet would be to go with something not well known like Panda. The reason being virus builders will try to design ways around well known softwares they are unlikely to put time into finding a way around off brand software. Hope this helps

PC Tools coupon

I use Avast, it's free and very good. But really, if you're not connected to the internet then you wouldn't need an antivirus program. And any program you get will need to be updated regularly to stay current with the new viruses that come out every day.

Avast or AVG are good free anti-virus.. As Tommy Boy mentioned its most needed when u are connected to internet. The only other way for virus are external drives....IF you are connected even once in a while try installing anyont of them.,...You can download it from Security - Free Software Downloads

The best, most understanding, lightweight Anti-Virus would be Microsoft Security Essentials.
The best heavyweight would be Kaspersky.

Back
Top Bottom