Project GhettoBook (23 inch laptop)

Man, you're going to have the most unique laptops ever! Keep going man! It also looks like you have enough space behind for a beerholder :p

Lol, Teflon laptop... Looks really good!

I'm going to ask a little question.
I've been looking for a new battery for this lappie, but their quite weak (4400mah) I was wondering if i could take an identicle spec(voltage, amp,ect) battery from like a high preformance rc car, and soder it in, so i could replace the 4400mah with somthing like 8600mah, while having it in the same casing.

Once again looks awesome.

Theoretically, you could, but if it's 8600 mah, then it is not identical spec and you could easily destroy the batteries and your laptop's charge circuit. It's definitely not something I recommend if you don't know what you're doing.

Man, you're going to have the most unique laptops ever! Keep going man! It also looks like you have enough space behind for a beerholder :p

Thanks! What use is a beerholder if I cannot have beer though?

Indeed, and I can't have alcohol at all due to my condition, so I'd use it for a coffee mug holder :p

I've been redoing the hinges.

P2054168.jpg

P2054167.jpg

Sorry about that last pic. My camera hates anything black.

I had the lid glued in, but apparently, "5 minute" epoxy takes more like five hours to dry, so I went to open it and it came apart. I'll redo that part tomorrow once I have more epoxy.

EDIT: Here's a photo I snapped before it broke:

P2054169.jpg

It's not crooked. It just looks that way because I had to use a weird angle to get the focus to work.

EDIT2: I just stuck everything together for more pics.

P2054177.jpg

P2054175.jpg

Lol couldn't imagine seeing you a wifi ready store with that monster
looking good

More delays... I had problems getting the hinges to stay attached, then I spent like an entire day redoing them only to realize that there is a much easier and more effective way. So I took it back apart and started over.

adhesive is probably not the best idea. I'd suggest self-taps into the bracket, or nut and bolt.

if you don't want to use screws. Fiberglass and resin will hold it. it doesn't look pretty, but it will probably be covered anyway.

Back
Top Bottom