Ubuntu Installation trouble

Szat

Daemon Poster
Also posted to Ubunutu forums:

Hello All,
I have recently received my new netbook and am having trouble installing Ubuntu Netbook 10.10. I have also tried installing Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 with no luck. I have never had trouble installing Ubuntu in the past, but this is the first time I'm using a bootable USB drive. I followed the instructions for creating one using Universal USB Installer, but there is a SysLinux error (others have the same problem). I am now trying to install Ubuntu Netbook with a bootable USB made with Unetbootin. It seems to be working better, but after 20 minutes it is still "thinking" at the Preparing to install Ubuntu-Netbook step. This is just after the Select your language page. When I say "thinking" I mean Ubuntu's version of the hourglass and not my hdd or my usb (has an LED). Any suggestions? By the way my system came with crappy Windows 7 Starter that I would rather have not had to begin with. Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated!

When I cancel the installation I briefly see an error message that says: glib warning failed due to unknown user id (0). I can't make out the entire message though.

-----
I have tried a few different bootable usb programs and the disk says there is no error.
Any suggestions?

Read all the documentation already and have used Universal USB Installer, Linux Pendrive, and Unetbootin to create a MD5 correct drive. I am even able to run it live, but not install it.

It doesn't work on my desktop either so I don't know what's up. I know people have been having trouble with this so maybe it's just this release. I have work in the morning so I'll have to try tomorrow. If only I had a usb cd drive!!

Back
Top Bottom