Best antivirus software for desktop computers

stevewauh

Solid State Member
Hi I am using a desktop top computer in off-line mode. I am using a anti virus program but it has to be updated regularly and slow down my performance could you give details of best antivirus program

If it slows down your performance it might be due low specs of PC. As for me Symantec antivirus is great

A desktop top computer - you mean a really good PC? or just a normal one?

What are the current spec's (CPU + RAM, how old etc)

Why are you working in offline mode, and with an antivirus program - have you got problems?

Your best defense against virus's to start with is not to click on anything suspicious, and avoid sites / downloading things that you dont trust.

It depends on how you are judging 'best' in antivirus software, low cost, or are you all about protection? Depending on your current specs, we can maybe determine why the computer is being slowed down and try other solutions to speed / clean it up first.

If you dont post again or answer any questions from above, Mcafree / Norton are ok programs, but again a little performance intensive.

For less drain on your performance maybe AVG / Avast! / Microsoft Essentials could be worth a shout.

If you are working offline (in other words, not connected to the internet) then where is the malware threat coming from?

microsoft security essentials v2 is worth it!

and it true that mcafee and norton does suck

Well, norton use to suck, now they suck less, but Mcaffee...gosh!
I use Microsoft Security Essentials, and it's great, but since you're offline, it might nag you about updates. I know Norton used to have update patches you could download before, but I don't know if it's possible for other now...

Kaspersky is is the best antivirus for desktop computer. I used this antivirus in my personal desktop computer. This antivirus is quickly detect a virus, trojan etc. One thing i like that they also provide Internet security.

For internet security (and AV for that matter), I use a firewall appliance built around a P4 133 using Smoothwall Express 3.0. It frees my computers from firewall duties and AV, since the firewall filters all content trhough CLAM AV.

Back
Top Bottom