Random Chit Chat

Hey Neo, when exactly did you order your P67 board? Read up:

Intel Identifies Chipset Design Error, Implementing Solution

Intel said:
The systems with the affected support chips have only been shipping since January 9th and the company believes that relatively few consumers are impacted by this issue.

You might get lucky and have a board made before that issue arised? The unfortunate part is that you won't know until later down the road...The issue was something with SATA speed degradation.

The terrible part is that ALL 1155 boards are P67, and all P67's originate from Intel. So it's impossible to circumvent this situation. :|

Perhaps you can check the serial number with Intel or Gigabyte?

Well i havn't received the motherboard yet, when i do i'll email gigabyte and see what happends. Bit of a bummer it has to happen now though :\

Edit; So i contacted the vendor i purchased the lot from, they said in june i can swap the board out for an equivilent ONLY If i can prove that there is a fault. I'll do a data transfer test on the SATA Ports when the system is done, then i'll do a test every month so see what kind of loss im getting.

Well i havn't received the motherboard yet, when i do i'll email gigabyte and see what happends. Bit of a bummer it has to happen now though :\

Edit; So i contacted the vendor i purchased the lot from, they said in june i can swap the board out for an equivilent ONLY If i can prove that there is a fault. I'll do a data transfer test on the SATA Ports when the system is done, then i'll do a test every month so see what kind of loss im getting.

That's ridiculous since this is a long-term problem. If it occurs in your system, it won't be any time soon. From what I've read, it'll be a year or more before issues start becoming noticeable. Wait until intel has the issue resolved, then contact the board manufacturer and request an RMA. Since it's a known widespread issue, they should approve it.

For now, keep chipset voltages at stock and make sure they have adequate cooling.

EDIT: LOL!

P2034165.jpg

That's ridiculous since this is a long-term problem. If it occurs in your system, it won't be any time soon. From what I've read, it'll be a year or more before issues start becoming noticeable. Wait until intel has the issue resolved, then contact the board manufacturer and request an RMA. Since it's a known widespread issue, they should approve it.

For now, keep chipset voltages at stock and make sure they have adequate cooling.

EDIT: LOL!

P2034165.jpg

Or crank the chipset voltage up, and turn your fans down...? ;)

Yes, if it doesnt come faulty, we'll just make a fault :D

Apparently the fault only affects the SATA2 ports, i'll be using the SATA3 ports only (Until i get RAID) so when the new boards come out i wont know if mine is affected :|

I am having the same problem i have a:
*X58A-UD3R
*i7 quad core 3.06 LGA 1366
*GTX 460
*corsair 12 gbs RAM
*760 watt corsair power supply
*2 1TB RAID 1

I am getting the same thing it is getting to a white screen and tells me the commands

that i can do and if i try to press them nothing happens...

Before it was VERY slow it would take a a while to get to the part were i have to type

in my password then from there it would take a couple min. to get to a black screen

then from there a good 10 min. atleast. then if i try to open a progream... I am just

not going there haha =)

What I then decided to do was reinstall windows 7 and into partition 2 and then it

restart and it stayed on the white screen that has the comands and the brand and

all that mumbo jumbo for atleast 15 min. Now evey time i turn it on it just stops

there and does nothing and does not respond
sad.gif

PLEASE HELP ASAP,
PTK

Back
Top Bottom