System Tool 2011

meridius

Solid State Member
Hi. A System Tool 2011 spyware/virus has just appeared on my laptop. How can I get rid of it?

Start by running Malwarebytes and CCleaner. Those usually clear up infections.

As a side question, what anti-virus do you have installed currently?

Well ESET is not bad....
But if fails to remove this virus then try to try Microsoft Security Essential...
Its a very good to remove malware from your computer.. But it supports Win XP service pack 2 or higher....

System Tool is a rogue security program that deliberately reports false system security threats on the computer.

1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key

2. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.

* MalwareBytes Anti-malware
* SUPERAntispyware
* Spybot S&D
* Spyware Doctor

NOTE: in some cases the rogue program may block anti-malware software. Before saving the selected program onto your computer, you may have to rename the installer to iexplore.exe or winlogon.exe With all of these tools, if running Windows 7 or Vista they MUST be run as administrator. Launch the program and follow the prompts. Don't forget to update the installed program before scanning.

3. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
Remove Virus

So yeah, on Wednesday 2nd February I had a virus called System Tool appear on my laptop. I searched the internet and found how to remove it. I installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software, ran it in safe mode, removed it and that seemed to have worked. On Friday 4th February it reappeared and I did the same steps and it has now gone again.

I'm now wondering how I remove this virus permanently, as I think it won't be too long before it reappears again. I want to make sure I can stop that happening as its annoying losing my laptop for about 2 hours whilst the Anti-Malware software runs in safe mode.

Any suggestions?

Along with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware I have ESET Smart Security installed to. I was thinking of installing some more as well but don't know if that would be a good idea or not. If so what should I install?

I just rebooted my computer in safe mode and did a System Restore to a time before I got it. Worked perfectly.

I got something similar at one time and I booted into Safe Mode and typed msconfig into the run or search box and disabled a startup program I didn't recognize and that did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom