Random Chit Chat

11x0126h83amd.jpg

HD 6990 That thing has four Displayport 1.2 connectors. That means it could run twelve monitors. :drool:

Denver is really cold. Looks like I have to start folding to keep my room warm.

EDIT - I was thinking of putting my 8800GT back in to fold, but having an 8800GT makes the north and south bridge really hot on idle, and would get even more hot if they are all folding.

EDIT - I was thinking of putting my 8800GT back in to fold, but having an 8800GT makes the north and south bridge really hot on idle, and would get even more hot if they are all folding.

Strap on a small fan from an old CPU HS. That's what I used to do on my ECS board.

EDIT: Okay, wtf Dell? I'm trying to get the dvd drive out of a dimension 4600, but they put screws in both sides, then riveted the side panel on. Who thinks of this crap?

It was 42c today with 70% Humidity, the warehouse i work in has no air conditioning :|

Wanna swap :D

Should of have wanted wasnt their a defect on the 6 series mobos

And i've already ordered the stuff too :|

EDIT: Okay, wtf Dell? I'm trying to get the dvd drive out of a dimension 4600, but they put screws in both sides, then riveted the side panel on. Who thinks of this crap?

I think they learned their lesson with the newer models. They're way easier to take apart... Both HDDs and optical drives slide out on rails.

Well, how's everyone doing? Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Been busy at school and at home. Just an update on what I've been doing lately:
-RMA'd my 640GB Sammy drive back to NewEgg for replacement for my laptop. Got that back so I've been backing up files and reinstalling and just doing some general "digital" organization that I've needed to do for a long time. Bah. It's more work than you'd think! Haha.
-Been f-ing around with an xbox360 that I bought from my friend. He bought a new slim model, which he said he bought because "it looked cool and he needed the hdd space". So I got his whole ancient one for $100. 20GB HDD, component cables, power brick, and console plus 2 wired controllers. I don't believe that he only bought the new one because it looks cooler. This POS has been freezing in games off and on for the past week. No RRoD, but just plain freezing (can't go to dash). Interesting. So I'm thinking of buying this and then also finding some thermal pads or mosfets and just modding the hell out of it. My guess is that if it's not RRoDing, it's the RAM getting toasty, which would explain why it freezes in-game (usually during loading). I'm using the hard drive from my newer 250GB Elite system (the COD MW2 spec. edition one or whatever), and it works fine in that console, so I know it's not the HDD. All around, just interesting. I won't be trusting him with any other "purchases". There's no way this thing wasn't freezing on him, too. But, anyways.

My life in a nutshell. What's everyone been up to?

Thats weird. I have a Dell Inspirom 1501 and it comes apart really easy

Back
Top Bottom