Same problem with various internet browsers.

spywaresucks

Beta member
Hello everyone.

I was using chrome a while ago and after a couple of months it started to have bugs. Many sites that i used to open suddenly started to give me a "download" option for no reason at all. This problem was limited to some sites like IMDB , some forums and sometimes news sites etc. So i got rid of google chrome because i have always been a fan of the Opera browser.
Now my opera browser runs like a charm and does everything i want but from a couple of days ago it has started to give me the same problem , this time just with youtube (a site that i cannot live without). Whenever i open a youtube link it gives me a popup like its some kind of a download i opened when i just clicked the link of a video.

I have no viruses or anything on my Laptop at all. I am using Nod 32 (4), updates many times everyday and deletes any virus or malware that i have ever come across.I am also using "Tune up utilities" but i have no idea what other problem is influencing such behavior. It has nothing to do with my download accelarators because the problem existed with IDM and still exists when i have Orbit. I do clean up the caches of these browsers with Ccleaner but thats a built in feature of the software and i doubt that messes them up because then many people would have the problem.

I have the latest Java , flash and Shockwave too.

Please please someone reply quickly because i can't just go around changing browsers until i run out of them. What is the problem and is there any way to go around it?
The problem seems to go away one minute and then suddenly comes back. If i click on the users channel name the video plays normally.

Here is a video of the problem
YouTube - 20110202.avi

Thanks in advance. :)

I would uninstall your browsers... All of them except obviously Internet Explorer.

Next, uninstall any toolbars that are downloaded as this almost sounds like an 'add in' I once tinkered with.

Run HiJackThis (Download Link) in Safe Mode and post the logs here.

Then Run CCleaner (Download Link)

Install Opera once more and try to watch a YouTube video.

In my view your internet security is being bypassed because this just would not happen if you had better protection.

If I were you I would get Norton Internet Security Suite or Norton 360 and you will not have any of these issues. Once fixed, you might try the Firefox browser which I have found to be a very good browser.

i am using the latest google chrome 9.0.597.94 and no problems!

why u installing junk software as Tune up utilities because it will spoil up your computer.. i never download that

did you update your windows os?

Back
Top Bottom