Sharing a printer from 32bit machine to 64bit machine...

steveoderocker

Baseband Member
G'day all!

Ok..so this is my situation:

I have a server...and i have installed a printer to it - the Canon LBP 3200 - the server is a 32bit machine running win7 pro...anyways...this printer does not have ANY 64bit drivers (which my main machine runs win7 ulti x64) so i am unable to install the printer on my main machine...

I was wondering, is there a way to share it from the server to the 64bit machine without installing any drivers?

Or is there a way to install 32bit drivers on a 64bit Machine?

Or can anyone find any 64 bit drivers/custom 64bit drivers?

:S

Thanx all!!

:)

basically, there is a slim chance that you'll find that another driver will support the printer and allow you to use a 64 bit machine to printer installed on the 32 bit printer.

but you'll find that it is only a slim chance, you'll have to just install the driver and see if it works.
you aren't going to be supported by the vendor if it doesn't work either...

you might also find that there may be a cannon driver for a slightly newer model of the same printer that might have 64 bit drivers and will work with your printer.

I couldn't find any 64-bit drivers for your printer, even with extended searches, so that means you'll either need a new printer.
Try what JCB gave you, but there's slim chances it'll work, like root said.

Actually, the advice JCB gave you will probably work, but you will lose certain functions like duplexing, finishing, and the use of the extra cassettes (if the printer is equipped with those types of options).

Hey, i have tried the 2 models created after this printer, the 3300 and 3350. Both driver's are not compatible. Thanx anyways....

Back
Top Bottom