CCleaner - File Cleaning Program

Jules2408

Baseband Member
I have had the CCleaner file clean up program loaded for quite a while which does a good job cleaning up unwanted files (together with 1 or 2 others.)

I notice the program has a facility to WIPE FREE DISC SPACE (in the Advanced Menu) which takes some time to run. I have not used that particular facility yet and it is not part of the default setting for the cleaner program.

I wonder if anyone has used the free disc space wiper facility and if this is safe to use.

Thanks

It won't hurt to run it, however it will take a really long time to run it. I always disable it...

It can potentially help with write times, so installation and save times, but it won't really affect overall performance massively, so isn't really worth it.

as cboucher said, it won't hurt, however I wouldn't recommend it, just for the time it takes to run

Thanks for the comments people.
I doubt it would hurt to run a wipe now and again even if it makes just a difference at the margin..
My concern was really the safety of that facility as I do not want to create a problem.

Thank you for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom