Random Chit Chat

Ah. That looks alright, but I'm not really into the Low-res screens you often get on laptops.

I think I will wait to see Apple & Sony's offerings.

Fair enough. I wouldn't hold my breath for Apple though. They seem pretty slow to adopt new CPU architectures.

EDIT: [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mc=OTC-Froogle-_-Notebooks-_-ASUS-_-34220957] <- Probably the sexiest laptop I've ever seen. My local Best Buy has one on display. I liked it so much that I used it as inspiration for my laptop's design.

They're nice but nothing as revolutionary as crysis 2, it might look nicer on PC where there's better hardware to utilize.

Just out of curiosity, what technique did they use to get around the hardware limitations of the Xbox? I've heard some people say that they use tons of bloom to limit the visibility, while others said that there is distant fog.

What mobo,cpu and gpu do you have? I'm currently in the process of picking parts for my new rig. I was thinking of a 1090T with a 6870, no idea what board yet though.

What mobo,cpu and gpu do you have? I'm currently in the process of picking parts for my new rig. I was thinking of a 1090T with a 6870, no idea what board yet though.

Don't get a 1090T. Get either a C3 stepping Phenom II x4 or an i7. For gaming, the Phenom II is definitely the better choice, but the i7 will be noticeably faster in a few things, such as photoshop and video editing.

Also, I still recommend a 5850. They are epic price/performance cards, and they overclock like crazy if you get one with vcore control.

EDIT: This pretty much says it all. The 5850 is incredibly close to the 6870 at stock clocks, but it costs quite a bit less.

bbc2%202560.png

Once overclocked, the 5850 beats the 6870 because the 6870 seems to have very little overclocking potential compared to last generation's cards. I've seen 1000 MHz + on 5850s before.

Back
Top Bottom