Cpu power

THALE1

Beta member
My Cpu tends to run at 100% when I'm using software that uses alot of memory.
Thus creating quite a bit of noise.
So I downloaded some stuff that would tweak my computer.

Now the problem is it runs at 100% but will dip down to 20%~ every 30seconds or so.
Causing my system to run smooth, but any big applications to run slow.

So knowing its something I downloaded, rather than try & undo everything it's done;
I deleted my D drive(had xp on it), then made a new Drive and reinstalled xp onto it.
Which should have cleared any change of settings on the Cpu.

Only it hasnt.
I know its not running at fullpower because its hardly making any noise;
even though it says my Cpu is running at 100%.

Does anybody out there know how this can be fixed/restored?

I would rather a noisy 'working' computer, than a quiet 'broken' one.

Thanks.

~Useful info:

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80Ghz - (Yes I know I need a new CPU; I shall be getting 1 soon.)
2.79 Ghz, 512 MB of RAM (It would help if I could get this one up & running properly till then.)

> Didnt delete the E or C drives.

My Cpu tends to run at 100% when I'm using software that uses alot of memory.
Thus creating quite a bit of noise.
[...]

What noise does it make?

I can idle my computers, then run the CPUs at 100% and hear no difference in sound from them.

The loud noise a Cpu will usually make when you're pushing it to the brink.

Lol Dark.

The loud noise a Cpu will usually make when you're pushing it to the brink.[...]

I am requesting a discription of the sound.

The only noise that I've heard a CPU make when operating is a loud pop as it bursts from excessive heat due to operating without a heatsink. My CPUs make no detectable noise when I load them.

CPU's do not make a sound, except if they pop like Chipeater said, however your fans for your CPU are probably what you are hearing. When your CPU runs at such intensity the fan receives maximum power to help cool it down. You CAN change how your fan operates but I wouldn't suggest it.

But tell me what exactly did you change? It sounds like you damaged you're CPU. Take a screenshot of the program you used, tell me the name of it and what settings you changed.
Also give me the model # of your CPU.

is your memory running out and this is why your CPU is hitting 100% ??

I think that the problem is in the amount of RAM its not enough for resourceful applications

Back
Top Bottom