PXE Server

rk_monde

Beta member
Hey team,
i am newbee here..please let me know can we deploy image of laptop/desktop (windows xp+standard software+drivers) on a server or any other computer so that if we want to format the same desktop/laptop, we just simply download that image on client system and our installation part complete in just few minutes including Windows xp+standard softwares+drivers. I heard abt PXE Server bt unable to deploy..

Please help us...
Thanks in advance..

Well When I worked for my high school over the summer a few years ago, we used Norton Ghost. Its a bit pricey but it gets the job done well. There are free alternatives as well such as clonezilla (Clonezilla - About) which is a linux distribution that is made specially for that sort of thing. Both of them do unicasting and multicasting. The only problem with imaging is that if you have different model computers you need to make images specifically for each model. So you cant share a laptop image with a desktop because there are different drivers that run them.

For imaging I recommend using a large USB stick and make it bootable and then get a copy or nortan ghost and copy ghost.exe to it and copy your images to the USB stick locally

Back
Top Bottom