Dell Precision M6500 Lag Glitch/problem/dissability - Please help

SW KOTOR

Beta member
In around May of 2010, I bought my Dell Computer(Precision M6500)
It have 4GB's of RAM.
A Intel Core i7 processor @1.73GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX M2800.
Windows 7 Enterprise - 32 bit.

In around early December, I was playing a video game. I noticed it was beginning to lag.
My computer had never lag'ed before, ever. So I went to YouTube and began watching a video, and the following happend:
1. The screen went blank.
2. The audio made a loud, annoying sound.
3. I got the blue screen of death saying: Your memory has run out(Something like that).
4. Computer shutdown, and the lag was gone until it began again later(1 hour later).

To fix it, i tried the following:

1. Ran Stopzilla.
2. Ran maleware bites.
3. ran symantec.
4. Ran Memtest86 for a long time.
5. Increased the virtual memory to 20GB's
6. reformatting the hard disk, and reinstalling the OS in 64-bit.
7. Running all the anti-virus software again.

Still I get the same lag problem. Does anyone have any idea to whats going on?

Thank you :cool:

it is possible that your laptop overheats. do you keep your laptop on a dusty surface or a place that has hair etc.. on it? the dust particles and hairs get into your cooling fan which clogs it making it disperse heat less efficiently causing the cpu (and possibly the video chip) to overheat. you can try cleaning the cooling unit which requires you to take apart the laptop or you can take it to a technician, if you cant do that then buy a cooling pad for the laptop and try to keep it away from dusty places.
idk if my answer was correct but try to do what i told you. check it your laptop gets really hot while in use.

kotor doesnt work because high-end graphics cards cant run it. Try using internal graphics if possible. I mean the motherboard built in.

thank you. I will try that

Back
Top Bottom