Psp2 (ngp) vs 3ds

That is very true. The NGP has 2 touch screen areas essentially though, making it actually slightly better for game play possibilities. As well as all that gyro, tilting, cam's etc.

The 3DS appeals to me more at the minute, but that's only because of the 3D tech which is a new thing, however I am a technical person, so even though I probably won't get a hand held at all, I can see me focusing more on the PSP2

I'm leaning towards the 3DS because of their upcoming games.

I heard the PSP2 games is compatible with the PS3. If that's so, then kind of pointless for me getting it as I already have a PS3 and barely play games on the go.

However, I will probably end up getting both to play their exclusives.

EDIT - Haha
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020163&loc=homeflash1

Haha.

What I do find funny is how they've gone from a PSP which looks similar to the PSP2. Then release the GO because of the disc medium and them wanting to offer downloads instead.
Now they bring out a PSP 2 which looks almost identical to the PSP, yet offers a cartridge medium.
Which happens to be something Sony has never done if I'm not mistaken.

You should all know by now that Power is not directly proportional to enjoyability. The PSP has better technical specifications than the Nintendo DS - The DS sold more. The PS3 has better specs than the Wii - But the Wii sold more.

They sold more because they have a different target audience. The DS seems to be marketed towards children a lot more than the PSP. Having played both, I have to say that the PSP is infinitely better. I bought the DS the day it came out, but it took me two years before I could find a single game for it that was worth buying.

Nintendo in my eyes has widened its audience from your regular PS2 and Xbox gamers to the whole family!! Mum, Dad, Little brothers and little sisters.

Yeah Nintendo have moved away from the serious gaming focus and gone for things like brain training or family games whereas the psp2 will focus on getting the best graphics etc as possible

They sold more because they have a different target audience. The DS seems to be marketed towards children a lot more than the PSP. Having played both, I have to say that the PSP is infinitely better. I bought the DS the day it came out, but it took me two years before I could find a single game for it that was worth buying.

The DS has a much larger target audience than the PSP. I can't imagine a 70+ year old playing metal gear solid or whatever on a PSP - but I know lots of people play Professor Laton/Brain training ETC on the DS. In terms of sales, it's a much more successful console.

The DS has a much larger target audience than the PSP. I can't imagine a 70+ year old playing metal gear solid or whatever on a PSP - but I know lots of people play Professor Laton/Brain training ETC on the DS. In terms of sales, it's a much more successful console.
Plus, it's the older audience that has the money. A kid has to have a lot of games available to make it worth his money to buy a psp, and adult has no problem buying a DS just to play one game. Or a wii just for the wii sports.

I'm interested in what's coming next as far as full size consoles. Probably a few years out still, but they are going to be crazy powerful I think.

Back
Top Bottom