OWA (Web Mail)

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Hello again guys! So I'm.. sort of new to a lot of this server stuff. Right now, our web mail is broken. There's supposed to be pictures for "Inbox" and all those good buttons... well there's none. They're all red Xs.. like I folder of the pictures got misplaced on the server or something. Also... I can't see my inbox in IE, just says "Loading". In FF I can get as far as seeing my inbox, but I can't open any of my emails. Others report that they can read their emails, but they can't send/reply/forward any of them.

I have access, or can gain access, to every thing I need to. I have access and have looked around in our server with Exchange... but I don't know how to mess with the OWA. I've googled it for about two days and it said something about the IIS, but when I tried following instuctions I get an error (Pretty sure those weren't the problem anyway.)

It's Server 2003.

Thanks!

-Q

I changed my mind. In IE it's stuck at loading

In FF I can read the email, but I can't send. And it's no pictures, not even the background...

i guess the folder has been moved / deleted or permissions issue??

Right click on the broken image and click properties, you can then see the location of the image, check on the IIS if the image is there and permissions are ok

Well, I can't right click the images in IE, but in FF there's no properties. I can "Copy link location" ... but that's the link :p I'm currently searching for some of the picture names on our server. Also, when I right click and select "View Image" in FF, I get access denied. I bet it's a permission problem now ;)

But how do I fix it! I better look up what IIS is :p

And also... not being able to send mail...

Btw JCB, thank you. I didn't think this area got looked at!

--------------
I found the images on the server. All of the folders leading to the images and the images them selfs have "everyone" and "mailserver/user" and.. lots of other things on the permission list. I'm not sure what to do from here :p

---------------------
I noticed that they are on the D drive, a whole directory... so I just copied and pasted the images to the same directory on C and it didn't work :p That access denied message makes me thing it's an access thing anyway.

The logs have been enabled, I found where the exchange logs are but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. It's just things like this:

:07:50 W3SVC1 127.0.0.1 GET /exchweb/img/task-lg.gif - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 200 0 0
2007-10-13 03:07:50 W3SVC1 127.0.0.1
GET /exchweb/img/public-fld.gif - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 200 0 0
GET /exchweb/img/rules-lg.gif - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 200 0 0
GET /exchweb/img/options-lg.gif - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 200 0 0
GET /exchweb/img/icon-msg-read.gif - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 200 0 0
GET /exchweb/img/rules.gif - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 200 0 0
2007-10-13 03

I've also already found the images.. a while back. There's no security, or privilage, issue with them.

---------------
You know what's funny, I just read you had to restart the IIS for the changes to take affect. What happens when I restart the IIS service? I've looked it up, but I just want to make sure, from you guys, that restarting it isn't going to mess with our exchange server or anything else like that. Does IIS only affect OWA?

Thanks!

So nothing I did worked.

I tried to install SP2 and I saw that it was stopping all kinds of services... so I tried to cancel it and it said "You can't cancel this."... then I shrunk RDP and saw outlook was DCed... once it was done outlook didn't come back up. All the higher up people were in a meeting and I was about to die! This was at 4:50. Everyone rushes from then to 5:00.. and I took down the server ><

I just went in and started the one service that looked appealing. Microsoft Exchange Information Store. What's interesting is this brought up Outlook for everyone, but I saw that they all got that message "Cannot access personal folders. Another workstation has modified it.. blah blah blah" So I wonder if this service does something that's been giving people that problem (another post).

Anyway, I did IISRESET and nothing changed.

The standing issues:

IE is stuck at loading and I can't see any images

FF shows the inbox! But I still can't see the images.

In both you can see the words "New" and "delete".. the things like that. In FF you can go as far as reading the email and replying to it, but you can't send the reply. You can't click New either. IE.. you can't see the inbox to reply anyway :p but you can't hit New either.

Back
Top Bottom