hello there i would like you to meet my computer with two windows folder problem :P

MalevolentCa

Beta member
Hey there everyone, my name is malevolentca aka. malevolentcanvas, so i am currently having a problem with my computer now after i installed a new os in it. so basically i was installing it this noon and i encountered different problems installing the OS, such as " the file 'asma' cannot be found or whatever, so after sometime i got tired of the same ol' problem happening again, but this isn't the first time i reformatted a computer, i did a lot already in the past, just this time i installed from sp2 to sp3 winXP..so after a few minutes the installation was complete.. so i was totally surprised :O then while i was installing all my backed up drivers and restarted my computer, msn popped, so i was annoyed with it popping up after boot up, i went to run then msconfig.. then BOOM msconfig was nowhere to be found, i was like "wut??" :O, so i checked my windows folder and looked for this msconfig for myself...then found out that i have a WINDOWS folder on my C, and in my D....they do have the same files inside such as explorer.exe and system32, but on C i found some uninstallers such as, nero uninstaller and warcraftIII..anybody encountering the same problem as i do?

Never had this problem, but as long as you still have your backed up files, then I would format again. If you get errors, you might want to try a different CD drive.

Back
Top Bottom