these files cannot be opened.

Follow below steps for temporary disable AVG and try the application to install.

Open the AVG 2011 Control Center, by right-clicking on the AVG icon on task bar.
  • Click on Open AVG User Interface.
  • On the Menu Bar, click on Tools, then click Advanced Settings.
  • In the screen which opens, scroll down to Temporarily disable AVG protection.
  • Click on it to highlight and in the right hand pane, check the box for Temporarily disable AVG protection.
  • Click Apply.
  • In the next screen which opens, select 15 minutes from the drop down menu, then click the Disable real time protection button and click OK.
  • To re-enable, just check Enable on the main GUI interface. You may also need to click Fix (enable becomes Fix if all components do not start).

Do you have Windows Firewall running? Are you connected to a router with in-built firewall?

OK.
Some things I download and try to install will open a box that says: "These files cannot be opened, Your internet security settlings prevented one or more files from being opened."

I play video games such as oblivion and fallout and it won't let me download and open mod files. I tried to reinstall winrar and it will not let me install it.

This problem is caused by Internet Explorer's security settings.

Go in the tools menu, Internet options, security tab, and lower the slider to medium (lowest).

If it works, you might want to put it back to normal and just add the sites in question to your list of trusted sites on the same configuration page.

"when I click the Disable real time protection button the "these files cannot be opened" box pops up"​

ok. So the issue seems to be the firewall.....did you tried to install any s/w

Back
Top Bottom