Routing internet to Xbox (Getting around Cisco)

BruMeister

Solid State Member
My college has Cisco and we need to log into it to be able to use the internet. Also, this makes it so we cannot connect the internet to our Xboxes, but if we pay the college $50, they say they can hook us up.

I'm trying to find a way around this and be able to hook it up. Any suggestions?

hmmm I'm interested too to find out the solution I could imagine connect the xbox straight to a router that is plugged into the internet, since the xbox only need to read the internet you should not need any password or log in for the xbox to use the internet BUT I could be wrong.

Perhaps someone else can solve this.

well, on the site it says Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate.

Idk much about it, but basically its a networking program that allows you to access the internet. You have to log in and everything before you can go on the web

hmmm I'm interested too to find out the solution I could imagine connect the xbox straight to a router that is plugged into the internet, since the xbox only need to read the internet you should not need any password or log in for the xbox to use the internet BUT I could be wrong.

Perhaps someone else can solve this.

i havent tried it yet, but ive been told you still cannot get into xbox live if you do that

do you not just use the same password that you use to log in with your computer to log in with the xbox?

Idk what this has to do with anything.

because in most campuses to get on the internet you log in with an account they give you, usually your email information. He's asking if that is not the case for the xbox where you'd just need to open a web-browser enter the login info and go.

because in most campuses to get on the internet you log in with an account they give you, usually your email information. He's asking if that is not the case for the xbox where you'd just need to open a web-browser enter the login info and go.

Right right. I log into cisco with the account given to me. For Xbox, if I try to log on it just says I cannot connect whether I've connected my Xbox to my computer or directly from the wall jack. Ive also tried network sharing but that doesn't work either.

So when you say you log into cisco, you are logging into a network application sold by Cisco systems, and not logging into Cisco system Inc. the company.

Back
Top Bottom