Debate: CPU Cooler for AIR COOLED!

im still loving my h70 is you where wanting another 2 cents plus persuasion. i never go above 85 F even underload. but is is a higher price tag for the preformance!

The "water cooling" heatsinks are a complete gimmick, they are just glorified air coolers, you don't see extra performance over a decent air cooler. If you are going water cooled, do it properly, if you are going air cooled, stay with a proper HSF

I've built three AMD AM3 systems using this cooler: XIGMATEK LOKI SD963 92mm HYPRO Bearing CPU Cooler. It's quiet and very efficient. It also has a bracket that allows you to mount it facing front to rear for better airflow.

What sort of temperatures though, what CPUs and is that overclocked?

The H50/H70 is handy if you're short on space. Otherwise you're better off with a high-end heatsink.

This: Thermalright Venomous X CPU Cooler

Sure, there are more expensive and fancy ones....but this one is the best cooler for the money. I own it, I love it. Just need to get yourself a decent 120mm fan to put on it. I did a slight overclock on my processor after getting this heatsink. Here is some proof of its awesomeness :cool:

temps.jpg

They're awesome coolers, but over his budget unless he decides to stretch it.

If the rebate does work and isn't like most others where you start to accumulate charge and don't get the rebate if you happen to post the rebate under the light of a full moon or when the weather is a little foggy or a day when you stop at 3 sets of traffic lights or some other stupid reason that they won't let you have it, the Dark Knight is a much better deal than the V6. However, for the $5 extra before MIR, I would take the V6 every single day

If the rebate does work and isn't like most others where you start to accumulate charge and don't get the rebate if you happen to post the rebate under the light of a full moon or when the weather is a little foggy or a day when you stop at 3 sets of traffic lights or some other stupid reason that they won't let you have it, the Dark Knight is a much better deal than the V6. However, for the $5 extra before MIR, I would take the V6 every single day

All 4 of my Xigmatek rebates have come through with no issue. Here are the differences that I know of.

The Xigmatek heatsink tends to stay quieter.
The Xigmatek heatsink tends to cooler better under heavy loads.
The Xigmatek heatsink also weighs 279 grams less.

It cools better than the V8 in that review. The V6 is behind the V8 by a few degrees.

Xigmatek Intel LGA775 Final Heatsink Temperature Comparisons - Dark Knight S1283 FrostyTech Review

The "water cooling" heatsinks are a complete gimmick, they are just glorified air coolers, you don't see extra performance over a decent air cooler. If you are going water cooled, do it properly, if you are going air cooled, stay with a proper HSF

i disagree like a water cooler it holds a much steadier temp underload or not. and i do have it overclocked to 3.2 on my i5 playing games.

Back
Top Bottom