Time for phone upgrade

Exactly, the platform is open to manufacturers. This allows one company to implement changes that others haven't, and in my mind helps create a healthy ecosystem of competition. This as opposed to apple developing one device on their platform. Not saying we are open to do what WE as consumers want, but that the OS is open to be tinkered with by those who develop the hardware.

Well, it looks like of the phones in my price range, the iPhone 3GS is probably the one I will go with. It was between that and a Motorola Android phone, but the Motorola was a first generation on the Android platform. I never mess with first generation electronics, especially phones. I hope I don't turn all evil with the iPhone in my hand like Schmeigel did with the friggin' ring....

Well, it looks like of the phones in my price range, the iPhone 3GS is probably the one I will go with. It was between that and a Motorola Android phone, but the Motorola was a first generation on the Android platform. I never mess with first generation electronics, especially phones. I hope I don't turn all evil with the iPhone in my hand like Schmeigel did with the friggin' ring....

I have the 3GS. It's awesome. A huge jump from the 3G. It doesn't have the flash and the Facetime cameras. I saved myself $200 and went with this because I hardly ever use those two things.

I have the 3GS. It's awesome. A huge jump from the 3G. It doesn't have the flash and the Facetime cameras. I saved myself $200 and went with this because I hardly ever use those two things.

The retina display is the main reason to buy an iPhone 4 rather than a 3GS. A few weeks ago I took my 3G and restored it to clear it for sale on eBay and I couldn't believe the difference. If you've used an iPhone 4 then look at a 3G or 3GS the thing is going to look like crap. Not to mention the slimmer design, better camera's and better WiFi :)

I've used all the major devices like the Droid X and HTC EVO and I still won't leave the iPhone. Some of the features are nice with Android but nothing you can't do modding the iPhone. I never understood the whole Android is more open than the iPhone too, since anything useful like free tethering has to be hacked on either device. I'm still in the debate about the upcoming HTC Thunderbolt and if it's worth the switch for LTE or maybe even the Verizon iPhone 4. Guess I'm just waiting them to announce the plan details before I consider either option.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1073216 said:
The retina display is the main reason to buy an iPhone 4 rather than a 3GS. A few weeks ago I took my 3G and restored it to clear it for sale on eBay and I couldn't believe the difference. If you've used an iPhone 4 then look at a 3G or 3GS the thing is going to look like crap. Not to mention the slimmer design, better camera's and better WiFi :)

I've used all the major devices like the Droid X and HTC EVO and I still won't leave the iPhone. Some of the features are nice with Android but nothing you can't do modding the iPhone. I never understood the whole Android is more open than the iPhone too, since anything useful like free tethering has to be hacked on either device. I'm still in the debate about the upcoming HTC Thunderbolt and if it's worth the switch for LTE or maybe even the Verizon iPhone 4. Guess I'm just waiting them to announce the plan details before I consider either option.

I don't care much for the retina display. I don't watch movies, zoom in absurd amounts or game on my phone. I personally don't see the need when I only use my phone for Pandora, text messaging and calls. I did not know that the Wifi was quicker on the 4th phone. My phone does tend to be iffy on signals. Better than that aluminum 2G phone I used all those years. My biggest gripe with the 3GS is the battery.

Well, my new iPhone 3GS is coming today (provided UPS doesn't drop the ball, which they are prone to do quite frequently). I guess I'll have to have my nephew come over and jailbreak it for me. lol

Edit: It came. My wife put it on the charger for me so I can play with it when I get home. One of the rare times UPS didn't drop the ball. Nice...

Back
Top Bottom