Facebook Chat

codeman0013

In Runtime
This is really bugging me anyone know how to disable facebook chat from saving conversations. I dont like when everything i say is kept on facebook like when i talk to my wife or friends...

This is really bugging me anyone know how to disable facebook chat from saving conversations. I dont like when everything i say is kept on facebook like when i talk to my wife or friends...

I think it forgets everything when you close the chat box. If you just minimize it, then it keeps a log.

That's a bit dodgy really. I don't want people looking at my conversations. Is that even legal?

They don't save I don't think if you press X on them.

On another note, I use a program called Miranda now to interface with Facebook so I don't even have to go on Facebook.com to access the chat function.
Works just like MSN, but a simpler interface, and can run plugins for MSN, Skype, etc, etc

They don't save I don't think if you press X on them.

On another note, I use a program called Miranda now to interface with Facebook so I don't even have to go on Facebook.com to access the chat function.
Works just like MSN, but a simpler interface, and can run plugins for MSN, Skype, etc, etc

That's pretty cool.

With the new chat/message system, Facebook saves all chats in the messages section. They now consider chats and messages as one running conversation. You not only need to clear the chat window now, you need to delete the "conversation" in your messages section also.

If you don't like facebook saving stuff, then don't use it. Seriously. That won't change. Even if you hide your conversation history it doesn't mean that facebook don't have access to it, it most likely just means you personally can't see it.

I tell certain family members all the time, don't put anything on facebook that you want to keep quiet.

Back
Top Bottom