To Rohan

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Dear Rohan:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just gotta give you some crap about the Steelers beating the Ravens bud.......:)

Dear Rohan:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just gotta give you some crap about the Steelers beating the Ravens bud.......:)

Yes, sir. Well played.

Don't celebrate yet. Let's see if you can handle those Jets. I was hoping for a Green Bay and Patriots Superbowl but I would LOVE to see a Bears and Jets Superbowl.

Yes, sir. Well played.

Don't celebrate yet. Let's see if you can handle those Jets. I was hoping for a Green Bay and Patriots Superbowl but I would LOVE to see a Bears and Jets Superbowl.
I think we can beat the Jets. Neither the Jets nor Patriots really played that well in the game. Anyway, I'm excited about the AFC championship game being played in Pittsburgh. I want to see a Pittsburgh and Green Bay Super Bowl, two legendary teams going at it for the championship.

I am worried about Pittsburgh's offensive line though, they are banged up and you know the Jets are going to come at them on that weak right side but we can't let Big Ben take a beating like that, we need to protect him better.

I think we can beat the Jets. Neither the Jets nor Patriots really played that well in the game. Anyway, I'm excited about the AFC championship game being played in Pittsburgh. I want to see a Pittsburgh and Green Bay Super Bowl, two legendary teams going at it for the championship.

I am worried about Pittsburgh's offensive line though, they are banged up and you know the Jets are going to come at them on that weak right side but we can't let Big Ben take a beating like that, we need to protect him better.

Pittsburgh couldn't defend against the Jet's run last time and they were killed with special teams. Let us see if anything changes. I'm pretty sure all eyes are going to be on that Packers and Bears game. It's going to be amazing.

Pittsburgh couldn't defend against the Jet's run last time and they were killed with special teams. Let us see if anything changes. I'm pretty sure all eyes are going to be on that Packers and Bears game. It's going to be amazing.

This thread is awesome..I had no idea there were fellow Steeler's fans in here.

@ Rohan. You have to take a few other things into consideration before judging the outcome of the week 15 game of the Jets and Steelers...For starters, Pittsburgh was out a LOT of key starters...Most notably Troy Polamalu, Heath Miller, etc. Troy Polamalu is arguably the best safety to EVER play the game of football...Just watching the guy play is entertaining. You can NOT teach what he knows, at all. When Troy plays the outcomes of games are almost certainly going to change..Much like he changed the outcome of the game versus the Falcons, Bills and Baltimore Ravens prior to the playoffs. I can almost assure you there would of been a different outcome of that Jets and Steelers game in Week 15 had our team been healthy, and most importantly, Had our most valuable players on the field playing that game.

Now lets talk Playoffs. You have the Jets, and then you have the Steelers. The Steelers have been to and won more Superbowls than ANY team in the entire NFL. Let's take a look at the records below.

New York Jets.

Playoff Appearances (14)
Division championships (4)
Conference championships (1)
SuperBowl Championships (1) Superbowl III

Pittsburgh Steeler's

Playoff appearances (26)
Division championships (20)
Conference championships (7)
Superbowl Champions (6) Superbowl IX, Superbowl X, Superbowl XIII, Superbowl XIV, Superbowl XL, Superbowl XLIII

Now, These stat's to some may not be important, However playing in the playoffs and even more so the Superbowl, The intensity of the game, Atmosphere of a game can and does effect a team....For most, It's intimidating and it shows in a teams play. The Steeler's on the other hand have been to these big dances sooo many times, It's almost like playing homefield advantage. So the Steeler's have a HUGE advantage when it comes to these games.

With all that said, I still think it will be a good game, especially having homefield advantage. You can bet your ass I'll have my #43 jersey on waving my terrible towel and being as loud as I possibly can.

Sensi, i had no idea you where a "Pixburgh" fan haha.

another Super Bowl / Stanley Cup would be amazing.

This thread is awesome..I had no idea there were fellow Steeler's fans in here.

@ Rohan. You have to take a few other things into consideration before judging the outcome of the week 15 game of the Jets and Steelers...For starters, Pittsburgh was out a LOT of key starters...Most notably Troy Polamalu, Heath Miller, etc. Troy Polamalu is arguably the best safety to EVER play the game of football...Just watching the guy play is entertaining. You can NOT teach what he knows, at all. When Troy plays the outcomes of games are almost certainly going to change..Much like he changed the outcome of the game versus the Falcons, Bills and Baltimore Ravens prior to the playoffs. I can almost assure you there would of been a different outcome of that Jets and Steelers game in Week 15 had our team been healthy, and most importantly, Had our most valuable players on the field playing that game.

Polamalu is definitely not the best safety to ever play the game of football. Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens has him beat easily.

Polamalu:
27 Interceptions
515 Tackles

Reed:
54 Interceptions
495 Tackles

Source for Reed:
Ed Reed: Career Stats at NFL.com

Source for Polamalu:
Troy Polamalu: Career Stats at NFL.com

Just look at the other stats. Your Steeler is more of a situational player. Doesn't really keep a consistent pace over the span of a season. But you will see him in bursts. He has got a LONG way to go before he catches up to Reed. Try again. Before you say that Troy has more tackles, I would rather take 27 more interceptions than 20 tackles for a safety.

Back
Top Bottom