InstallShield ERROR

copelandtml

Baseband Member
InstallShield ERROR 1628: Failed to complete installation....I get this error when I'm trying to install a program for school. I have Windows 7 running on the computer. I've read a few things online and some said to go into a folder in admin tools called local security settings but it's not there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What distribution of Windows are you running? (Home Basic/Premium, Professional, Ultimate?) Also, what is the software called?

It's Windows 7 Home Premium, and the software I was trying to install was Oracle Database 10g.

Have you tried running the installation as an Administrator? I found a couple forum threads online that relate to the log file not being updated or even being corrupt but let's try admin mode first.

Yes, admin mode has already been tried, with no success either. Other programs will install though, I've successfully installed other programs after running into this error.

It has something to do with the home premium edition, if I upgrade to the professional version it should work. According to my schools IT department anyways. Whats the best process for doing that without loosing anything on my computer?

Back
Top Bottom