Random Chit Chat

I'm getting about 8000 ppd from my GX2. Fahmon refuses to work with GPU clients on my computer, so I cannot get an exact number. Also, 916 ppd from a SMP client is terrible. My 955 at stock gets me 4000-5000 depending on the WU. Did you forget to add the -smp flag to your shortcut or something? Or are you not using a passkey?

BFG Power supply - yes or no?

FahMon doesn't work with GPU clients for me, either - at least, it doesn't for the PPD count.

I've just set up a passkey.

I have also just realised that I didn't have smp 4 set on my phenom machine. FML. I was wondering why an Athlon II x2 240 machine was getting ~x2 the PPD estimate as me.

9800 GX2 + 9600 GSO G92. I switched to older drivers and it worked fine.

I get no error at all. It just halts.

It seems that every other driver nvidia releases causes instability in some form. What's going on?
It's because the nvidia drivers flash a new BIOS onto your card occasionally. My friend had the BIOS flashed improperly somehow which is why he got random BSODs until he figured it out.

FahMon doesn't work with GPU clients for me, either - at least, it doesn't for the PPD count.

I've just set up a passkey.

I have also just realised that I didn't have smp 4 set on my phenom machine. FML. I was wondering why an Athlon II x2 240 machine was getting ~x2 the PPD estimate as me.

It turns out I DID have -smp 4 set. I tried turning off the GPU client, and the SMP client went up to 6000PPD. I will stick with that!

So apparently, I definitely need to find a job now. Why? Financial aid decided to take my grants away for some reason. So I have to talk to them about it. A family car decided not to start anymore, and not sure how much it would cost to fix. My parents doesn't have much money to help pay for my tuition.

I need to find a place that will give me a loan, doesn't require me to pay until I finish college, and won't charge extra if I decide to pay some of it off early.

What is your budget? I can look around for some Antec ones on sale.

As cheap as possible. The BFG one is $30 shipped, so I doubt there will be anything cheaper.

It turns out I DID have -smp 4 set. I tried turning off the GPU client, and the SMP client went up to 6000PPD. I will stick with that!

Try limiting the GPU client to like 10% CPU usage. It will probably bottleneck the GPU client, but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: I need more rubber bands.

2011-01-16194810.jpg

Hey guys...how's it going? Been a few days since I've last posted. Anybody new (that's active)? Anyone gone into the depths of real life (such as myself)?

I'm so sick of Dell. The 2.2 update for my phone has been delayed AGAIN. How freaking hard can it be? It took two nights to get cyanogenmod ported to the thing.

EDIT: meh, I installed a custom rom. The phone is so much more usable now. I hope it doesn't break now.

Back
Top Bottom