Random Chit Chat

Is anyone else having major issues with the latest nvidia drivers? My system has randomly frozen on me twice since installing them yesterday, and it freezes whenever I try to open the control panel. The only way to unfreeze it is a hard reset.
what card? my friend had issues with his 570 doing the same, i can ask him how he fixed it

Ok. Why the hell didn't sony just put a vanilla 2.1 rom on the Xperia X10 instead of having to go through all the hassle of getting there custom UI, Mediascape and timescape to work?

I Have just gotten a vanilla 2.1 rom to work and it's a new phone. So much faster, i cant beleive it! Also now have exchange support. Games run smoother, i even have basic multitouch support too!

/rant
try vanilla gingerbread its soooo nice, it runs crazy fast and it looks beautiful.

Is anyone else having major issues with the latest nvidia drivers? My system has randomly frozen on me twice since installing them yesterday, and it freezes whenever I try to open the control panel. The only way to unfreeze it is a hard reset.

Yep! I'm occasionally getting the Stop: 0x0000007E error, sometimes just the error code on it's own or both the error code and nvlddmkm.sys.

Gaa!

what card? my friend had issues with his 570 doing the same, i can ask him how he fixed it

9800 GX2 + 9600 GSO G92. I switched to older drivers and it worked fine.

Yep! I'm occasionally getting the Stop: 0x0000007E error, sometimes just the error code on it's own or both the error code and nvlddmkm.sys.

Gaa!

I get no error at all. It just halts.

It seems that every other driver nvidia releases causes instability in some form. What's going on?

Just watched Smokey and the Bandit. Call me old fashioned but I absolutely love this film.

The stunt driving, the crashes, the dodgy engine noise over-dubs, the jokes, the smokeys/bandits/the Snow man, the special edition 1977 Trans-Am...

Great stuff!

LOL, that's awesome. I prefer wires though. No signal interference and they're cheap.

I haven't figured this out either. Dell screwed up the ROM on my Streak so badly that it didn't even support portrait rotation out of the box. The interface they put was total crap compared to ADW.launcher, and I still cannot get the thing to display the time unless I rotate the phone to landscape. The worst part is that all this editing is taking them so long that I'm still on 1.6 when 2.3 is out.

If only google would make it a requirement to be able to disable the bloatware...

EDIT: Did my computer hit 88 MPH or something? I'm pretty sure I didn't download a WU in 6155 BC...

lolwtf.jpg

How many PPD do you normally get from your 9800x2? I think i'm getting around 850 from my 4870...

I am also running the SMP client on my 955. It's fairly slow work, but FahMon is telling me that I am getting 916PPD... Which seems a little high.

How many PPD do you normally get from your 9800x2? I think i'm getting around 850 from my 4870...

I am also running the SMP client on my 955. It's fairly slow work, but FahMon is telling me that I am getting 916PPD... Which seems a little high.

I'm getting about 8000 ppd from my GX2. Fahmon refuses to work with GPU clients on my computer, so I cannot get an exact number. Also, 916 ppd from a SMP client is terrible. My 955 at stock gets me 4000-5000 depending on the WU. Did you forget to add the -smp flag to your shortcut or something? Or are you not using a passkey?

BFG Power supply - yes or no?

I have a BFG power supply. So far, so good. It's been about a year now with moderate use. Those things stay a lot cooler than I expected them too. Being an enthusiast. I would recommend Xigmatek, Seasonic and PC Power and Cooling if you get the opportunity. Being cheap I would recommend Ultra, BFG and Antec's Green Series.

I have a BFG power supply. So far, so good. It's been about a year now with moderate use. Those things stay a lot cooler than I expected them too. Being an enthusiast. I would recommend Xigmatek, Seasonic and PC Power and Cooling if you get the opportunity. Being cheap I would recommend Ultra, BFG and Antec's Green Series.

Awesome, thanks. I'm just looking for a cheap PSU to put in my HTPC so I can use its 700w gamexstream elsewhere. Looks like I'll be ordering it tonight.

Back
Top Bottom