Other hard drives changing in size

TP-Oreilly

In Runtime
Hi, i have two hard drives in my pc, one for windows 7, and one for windows xp.

When i was on windows xp earlier i looked at the used space of the hard drive with W7 on, then i looked a little later and noticed it had changed...

How can this be if im not using the other hard drive, it has no connection with the other hard drive, i dont use it for temp folders and page filing or anything,

weird? why have windows xp on one and windows 7 on another

why dont you save more space and download Windows Virtual pc and then you can open up windows XP on your windows 7?

Hi, i have two hard drives in my pc, one for windows 7, and one for windows xp.

When i was on windows xp earlier i looked at the used space of the hard drive with W7 on, then i looked a little later and noticed it had changed...

How can this be if im not using the other hard drive, it has no connection with the other hard drive, i dont use it for temp folders and page filing or anything,

That is an odd scenario and really could be a number of things in my head but possibly the usage from shadow storage was not accurately being portrayed. There's also the possibility that your XP machine didn't read the FAT correctly initially? That's really a tough one to diagnose...

I doubt anyone can guess what's going on on your machine, but you did access it!

What?

weird? why have windows xp on one and windows 7 on another

why dont you save more space and download Windows Virtual pc and then you can open up windows XP on your windows 7?

That's actually a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom