my laptop Samsung NC10

compdude

In Runtime
Hi guys I bought a laptop that was second hand and apparently the only problem was the battery wasn't charging properly. So I first turned it on to test it it was on for half hour with the battery meter still displaying full. And all of a sudden it shut off.

My guess was it has to be a over heat issue, So I pulled it apart and turned it on and the fan was not operating what so ever and again it shut off, so fan not working definite over heating.

So I go on ebay to find a brand new fan and heat sink for that model from Asia.

I receive it, I scrapped off the old thermal past off both CPU and heat sink and put new thermal on.

I turn it on and it is staying on forever, no Battery problems, no over heating problems BUT the cpu is still around 50'c any advice on how to make it lower?

oh and here is the specs. http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/samsung-nc10.aspx#axzz1B9QEzhIx

Oh and I forgot to mention it died this morning, I woke up, opened the lid and it was turned off and I cant turn it back on.

Most laptops run around 40C on average. It's really not that high of a temperature for a laptop.

i had a problem close to the same as yours. i left my laptop on the charger and left it running (i was at school so god knows who was on it) i came home and it wouldent turn on no matter what i did. i did everything, but missed one thing... the cmos battery lol. pulled it out and poped it back in 15 mins l8er and... it worked :). if you havnt tried that to get it working i think it mite help :)

i had a problem close to the same as yours. i left my laptop on the charger and left it running (i was at school so god knows who was on it) i came home and it wouldent turn on no matter what i did. i did everything, but missed one thing... the cmos battery lol. pulled it out and poped it back in 15 mins l8er and... it worked :). if you havnt tried that to get it working i think it mite help :)

nvm mate, I already took parts out and threw it in bin

Back
Top Bottom