Wireless Connection Unstable (Ping Test)

vroom125

Solid State Member
So here's some background info:
I'm running Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio FW Series Laptop. I'm noticing some issues with internet connectivity. I'm located on a college campus (Northwestern), so I'm using the campus wireless network. The internet connection seems to be unstable. I'll run a ping test and get response times of 13-15 ms for four or five responses in a row, then the next response time will be around 500-1000 ms. Sometimes it's bad enough that I get a request timed out message.

Is the issue something I can fix? Is it my laptop, or the school's network? How do I go about troubleshooting the issue? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!

Varun

It is not related to your laptop. Issue with your wireless network, Check your n/w signal strength and bandwidth

does it do the same in all locations??

I had a simular problem at home and I fixed it by moving my desktop computer. Also do other people have the same problem??

It sounds like it's their wireless network. Other students are using it too and if any of them are downloading anything it could slow down the traffic.

Like JCB said, check if it does it in different locations on campus and ask around to see if anyone else notices the slow down.

Back
Top Bottom