pc i just built beeps on start-up for no findable reason

Sorry, for such a long wait, um Yes actually it does, now. at first it couldent. and i belive this is because the os on the HDD was used to my old motherboard and Hardware. i think. but, after re-installing and wiping my HDD (i have no important files so its fine) it boots just fine. i do have some concerns though.
My boot takes about as long as my Old pc. this pc has DDr3 ram and dual core 3 Ghz. it should boot immediatly. or at least faster then this. i can give an actuall time later today. the single beep is always when the USBs succsesfullly start btw.

My boot takes about as long as my Old pc. this pc has DDr3 ram and dual core 3 Ghz. it should boot immediatly. or at least faster then this. i can give an actuall time later today. the single beep is always when the USBs succsesfullly start btw.

If I didn't miss something, you used your old, slow PATA hard drive. If that's true, then the load times won't be much different as reading from the drive will still be the slowest part of starting the OS. And 9/10 boards use 1 beep to indicate successful post, even when no USB devices are plugged in or the controllers are disabled in BIOS.

My boot takes about as long as my Old pc. this pc has DDr3 ram and dual core 3 Ghz. it should boot immediatly. or at least faster then this. i

It will work, but IDE drives tend to be rather slow compared to newer SATA drives. If you don't run a lot of background processes and don't really mind slow boot/load times, then I guess it'd be okay. Make sure it goes first on your future upgrade list though.

Get a SATA HDD.

im not worried about the OS load time, im worried about my PC load time... the time it takes to GET to loading the OS. i could care less about actual os load time as their great what with my DDr3 memory and what not. but my actual BIOS getting to the os is slow with a capital 'W'.

once the PC has cleared POST, it starts loading OS files.

so after that single beep, load speed is dictated by the speed at which it can load the OS files.

if NTDETECT, NTLDR, BOOT.INI/BCD are on a slow drive, it will boot slowly.

I think he's talking about the posting of the cmos. as you can change it to bypass the diagnostic. which speeds things up.

Back
Top Bottom