Managing Money

I find that withdrawing X amount every month works well, and ONLY buy things with cash wherever possible. It's a lot harder to part with physical cash than it is to hand over a bit of plastic!

yeah, i'm in the op's situation. except 7 years older. already have 2 (three, really) accounts. just finally sent in paperwork to do direct deposit (last one in the dept.). i'll have to investigate splitting things in dd to that second account. the third is tied in with my debit card, and that's not good, if i'm trying to save.

jo3, that's brilliant! i'm going to try that in february, see how it goes.

yeah, i'm in the op's situation. except 7 years older. already have 2 (three, really) accounts. just finally sent in paperwork to do direct deposit (last one in the dept.). i'll have to investigate splitting things in dd to that second account. the third is tied in with my debit card, and that's not good, if i'm trying to save.

jo3, that's brilliant! i'm going to try that in february, see how it goes.

I Do like this idea! Im also going to try this idea!

Personally I can't believe neither of you had thought of this on your own. That's like the first step to truely saving. I just find in more inconvenient to have to go to the bank all the time.

Well i normally just have all the money on one card, and use EFTPOS everywhere so you don't really think of the money you are spending. I've never been good with money, but if i ever want to own a house, have a family and one day retire, im going to have to become good with money.

Just think about what you spend money on. Make a list if you have to and then cut out all the stuff you don't need and keep just the essentials like food, gas, and household bills.

Back
Top Bottom