Video card problems

broflow

Beta member
Hi, I am not very experienced with computers. I have recently restored my system, so that obviously uninstalled everything. I need help figuring out what kind of video card I have so I can install the correct driver. Does anyone know how to figure this out without disassembling my computer?

type msinfo32 in the search bar.

then under

Components > Display. it should say something about the graphics card.

CPUID doesn't show video card information, especially when there are no drivers installed.

msinfo might say something, but only if there is enough hardware tag information for the system to extrapolate from.

The easiest way is to tell us what the system is. Since you "restored" it, it sounds like an OEM system from Dell or HP, so give us the model number on the front of the system and we can go from there.

CPUID doesn't show video card information, especially when there are no drivers installed.

msinfo might say something, but only if there is enough hardware tag information for the system to extrapolate from.

The easiest way is to tell us what the system is. Since you "restored" it, it sounds like an OEM system from Dell or HP, so give us the model number on the front of the system and we can go from there.

It's a Compaq Presario running XP, # is SR1315CL.

This might be a little more advanced, but if you go to Start then Run, and in the run box type "dxdiag" without the quotes, you'll have a window come up and tell you information about your system.

XP Home Edition Version 2002. And I put in a different video card like 2 or 3 years ago. I think it's a NVIDIA or something

look for a label on the GPU itself, it should look something like this

label-big.jpg

i assume if you installed a new gpu, you're competitent inside the case :)

right click my computer > properies > click hardware tab > click device manager > pull down the list for your display adapters > and your video card should be there :)

Back
Top Bottom