Are these specs good for a cheap cpu

compdude

In Runtime
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500, 2.93 GHz Clock Speed, FSB 1066MHz, 3MB L2 Cache, Socket LGA775. 45nm, 65W 0.85V - 1.3625V

I can get it for $147.00

Umm I suppose the specs are ok.

It depends - what do you need the CPU for?
Whats your budget?
Does it have to be Intel?
Does it have to be a specific make / fit a specific MOBO?

For example -

You can get the Phenom II x 4 955 (Quad Core Processor) for $144.99 with free shipping at the moment from new egg.

Its stock is 3.2GHZ, but its the black edition and loves to be overclocked ;) you could get that up to probably around 4GHZ on stock cooling / air. with 6MB L3 Cache too.

Intel option - for $20 cheaper (inc shipping) you could perhaps get an intel core i3 3.2GHZ, new egg again.

The processor you picked has good specs for a 'CHEAP' processor, but $145 is not particularly cheap, and you will probably find better - answer my questions above and ill post back with more info if needed

NOTE: Just found your exact processor your looking at $20 cheaper on New egg at the moment, brand new, in stock, and Free shipping.

$147 is too high for a dual core processor that old. I agree with both of luke's suggestions - the Phenom II is a great CPU for a similar price, but there's also that i3 CPU which is also very speedy.

Even for $20 less on Newegg, I wouldn't buy a Core 2 Duo unless you already had a motherboard for it. If you do, then there ya go.

What exactly are you doing with your computer? What part of the world are you from?

i have this processor and its a good / fast processor, Are you looking at only replacing your current CPU??

yes I am looking to replace my dual core celeron. Not really a fan of celeron processors.

Back
Top Bottom