What Was The Last Film You Saw And What Did You Think Of It??

I saw a few movies over the past week:
True Grit: 9/10
Probably the best modern-made western movie I have seen, and arguably one of the best westerns I have seen. Jeff Bridges was an EXCELLENT choice, and although I had my reservations about Matt Damon playing LaBoeuf, he did surprisingly well. Hailee Steinfeld was perfect in her role, and it was quite funny seeing this little girl handle herself. I usually don't go for most remakes of classics, but this was very well done.

Black Swan: 8/10
Surpassed my expectations completely. The movie was very well done, and definitely made me think (although not in an inception kind of way). Unfortunately, I knew the story line ahead of time, so most of the major surprises weren't really such, but I know my friends were pretty impressed. Not to mention I love Natalie Portman.

The Tourist: 7/10
Not a bad movie either, and better than I expected. I was planning on just a straight up action movie, but it had its share of twists. Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie were great in this one, and the story was actually pretty decent.

Tron legacy

Plot 3/10. It was very full of holes and entirely predictable. I did like the idea though.
Visuals 6/10. The visuals were pretty awesome, but the 3D was terrible. I found myself wearing 2D glasses during most of the movie. Also, CG Jeff Bridges didn't move right at all. It was kinda weird, especially in that first scene.
Music 8/10, I love Daft Punk and I thought the music fit perfectly, but it was entirely too loud at some at some points and seemed a bit overpowering.
Acting 6/10. As mentioned earlier, the CG Jeff Bridges looked really weird. Older Jeff Bridges seemed to be flashing back to The Dude at points, which was fairly amusing, but it didn't fit well.

I can't remember the last time I watched a movie in the theaters, but the last film I watched was The Town. I expected it to be a pretty decent movie, but Ben Affleck's directing and writing skills totally surprised me. If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend it.

The A team, about an 8 out of 10 I'd say. Quite entertaining but rather unbelievable in most places.

The boy in the striped pyjamas. 10 out of 10 i reckon, it was so happy at the start and in the end it was so sad but serves the German soldier right for holding prisoners of war and then killing them and his son ends up in the same room.

Iron Man 2. Lots of action, fast paced. Better than the first. Sneek peek at whats coming up next *cough*Captain America & the Avengers*cough*.

8 or 9 out of 10 (as long as you just want a fast paced action flick.

Last Ones at the cinema (theatre) - Toy Story 3 / Inception / Avatar

Toy Story 3 - 7.5/10, good film, slightly kiddy for me (I know thats the point not enough innuendo type adult humour for me)

Inception - 8.5/10 Dragged slightly, slightly difficult to follow, but like films that work your mind. Good FX etc, and got me involved.

Avatar - 9.5/10 - Loved this film. Story good, great plot characters etc, like prett much every aspects.

Last film I watched at home was 'Taken' - film with Liam Neeson in. Sort of mission Impossible style type film about kidnapping - good plot quite action packed - liked it a lot. 8.5/10

Back
Top Bottom