SCSI Disk Errors

dunneng

Beta member
On a Win2k3 Server we had 2 scsi drives set up in a RAID1 (built-in software) on the system partition. After a power failure, the drive was in the "Failed Redundancy" mode - so I issues the "Reactivate Disk" command. It came back up fine, but then after a couple months the drive again started throwing errors. Next, I broke the mirror, reformatted the drive, and tried recreating the mirror - but it got interrupted [Online (Errors) state] before it could successfully complete. The drive is a Fujitsu - tried running diagnostic utility downloaded from their site, but it wouldn't recognize ANY of the 5 drives installed in the system.

Aside from replacing the disk, I'm really at a loss as to what to do at this point.

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
Dan

Put the disk in a system by itself and test again. I'd also recommend testing it on another controller if possible. Wouldn't be a bad idea to use a different cable as well. You need to isolate all the variables.

It sounds like to me either the drive is toast, or there's a controller problem.

Thanks og. Getting a new drive is an absolute last resort being on such a tight budget here, so I'll give your suggestions a try.

Back
Top Bottom