Issues with friend's custom pc..

Ok so I cannot even get the Western Digital Utilities to run on it and when i put my ubuntu cd into it it wont even load the live version could it as simple as bad cd rom drives? I am running out of things to try here?...

I'm leaning more likely to bad Hard drives over CD Rom drives. But if you have either one laying around you could swap them out and see if that solves the issue.

Yeah, if the CD/DVD ROM is bad, it'll cause all kinds of issues. It may appear to copy correctly, but there could be problems with file integrity. I'd also run a full Gateway Support - GWSCAN512 GWSCAN 5.12 scan on the hard drive as well. If it comes back clean, look elsewhere for the issue.

I have tried about everything and i'm still confused here.. Its a syntax motherboard with 2 ide cd rom's and an ide harddrive.. i have tried both cd rom's and both drives.. i have reset the cmos on the motherboard and still nothing.. any more suggestions..

I don't think it's a problem with your memory.
Go into your BIOS menu, and go under where you have your hard drive, under SATA.
There is an option that says AHCI, open that, and change it to IDE or ATA, or whatever comes up.
Then try.
It worked for my friend, he had the same problem.

There is nothing in my bios to switch to this.. i'm totally at a loss on this one it shouldnt require anything special its just a simple ide drive

Back
Top Bottom