Toshiba satelite "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable"

vaironl

In Runtime
can someone help me here i was fixing my friend computer because he had a virus and since i had no option but to restore his toshiba the same way i did to my VAIO , Deleting everything in the harddrive i did it. and I din't mess with anything else and now i am getting an error satying"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable"

Media Test Failure either means a cable is bad, or some type of media is bad in your computer (Hard drive), but most likely something just wiggled lose. It's pretty likely to happen with a laptop.. just take off the HDD plate and make sure it's in there securly.

You can check this out as well. LOL

pxe-e61:media test failure check cable

Media Test Failure either means a cable is bad, or some type of media is bad in your computer (Hard drive), but most likely something just wiggled lose. It's pretty likely to happen with a laptop.. just take off the HDD plate and make sure it's in there securly.

You can check this out as well. LOL

pxe-e61:media test failure check cable

I don't have the little screw drivers but ill try .
Thanks. Btw i inserted my Desktop windows vista Disc and it booted up fine to install it... But i don't want to cause he has windows 7 on the laptop..... and it wont let me use the F10 function

Hello I have seen this error, it happens when a Harddrive is unreadable and it continues through the boot priority.

Hello I have seen this error, it happens when a Harddrive is unreadable and it continues through the boot priority.

Soo any ideas?, I know this probably did not mess up the computer but i just don't know why it happened.. It had a virus i erased everything and then when booting up it happened like that. Idk what else to do

Guys I found a little bit of the problem.... Since i deleted all files to deleted the VIRUS ....
Windows 7 got deleted... and now im installing my windows vista 32 bit Desktop version on the TOshiba satellite L455 version/\... If i could only find a way to restore the windows 7 but i don't think it brought a CD

You can download a copy of the Windows 7 ISO online as long as there is a valid license sticker on the PC (there usually is 99.99999999% of the time with OEM systems) and then just install it. There's nothing illegal about downloading just the ISO. Make sure you grab the OEM version.

There's a cool thing you can run next time, SFC /scannow It won't work in your case because it usually asks for a CD :p. For future reference, though, this scans for windows files that are "broken" and "fixes" them with the CD.

There's a cool thing you can run next time, SFC /scannow It won't work in your case because it usually asks for a CD :p. For future reference, though, this scans for windows files that are "broken" and "fixes" them with the CD.

this won't fix issues because of a virus. Especially if the virus is still present. This is only useful if system files become corrupted due to bad memory / hard drive, etc.

You can download a copy of the Windows 7 ISO online as long as there is a valid license sticker on the PC (there usually is 99.99999999% of the time with OEM systems) and then just install it. There's nothing illegal about downloading just the ISO. Make sure you grab the OEM version.

Ok i will try this thanks for the tip.
The windows vista i installed was so slow that when finalizing the step of Completing installation about 75% on it's way the bar stop but the [...] Dot animation kept moving so i guess something was wrong i turned the PC off and then when i turned it off windows vista was installed but it stays on the Loading screen and the Loading bar is slow .... any other options?

My dad which is an advance computer software and hardware technician more with like A little old computers told me the BIOS might have deactivated the Card , ( he did not tell me which one... But any idea of that?

Remotely, if not impossible unless there was direct user intervention. If the system is having problems installing Windows, might want to put the hard drive through a test. I usually recommend Gateway Support - GWSCAN512 GWSCAN 5.12 to test IDE & SATA drives. Run the complete test. It may take a while, but it's thorough. If the drive is bad, this program will tell you. I've never had this software fail me yet. Been using it for 10+ years.

Back
Top Bottom