Graphics card going bad?

That's very true, but I was thinking maybe CoD was the only game he played that pushed his hardware that hard. Maybe we're looking at the wrong suspect here though? I know CoD: BO is VERY CPU intensive, maybe that's the culprit?

He said that he benched the card too for 7+ hours and that didn't come up with any problems at all, so it isn't to do with how hard the hardware is pushed, as badly coded as BO is, it won't cause as much stress to components as benchmarking will.

Also, I have to +1 the CPU thing. Check that your overclock is stable, run prime 95 for half an hour or so and see if you BSOD if you haven't done already. I'm going to guess you probably have, but can't hurt. The overclock is just putting even more strain on that POS PSU too, which isn't exactly a good idea either...

Yeah right now the overclock is @ 3.4ghz from 3.0 and even @ 3.6 ghz I ran prime 95 for almost 30 minutes and it was fine

I'm too scared to turn the graphics back down to low =\

He said that he benched the card too for 7+ hours and that didn't come up with any problems at all, so it isn't to do with how hard the hardware is pushed, as badly coded as BO is, it won't cause as much stress to components as benchmarking will.

Also, I have to +1 the CPU thing. Check that your overclock is stable, run prime 95 for half an hour or so and see if you BSOD if you haven't done already. I'm going to guess you probably have, but can't hurt. The overclock is just putting even more strain on that POS PSU too, which isn't exactly a good idea either...

True on the PSU, I hadn't thought of that. I would recommend using Intel Burn Test as a stress test though, it doesn't need to run for nearly as long

I'll run intel burn test in a minute but I've been playing for a little over a hour today and haven't had any problems... settings on low = bsod, settings on anything else = perfectly fine......... Um... lol

Ran the test and it was stable lol so I upped it to 3.5ghz stable heh
can't get it up to 3.8 though... full load temp is only 50c but crash.. Don't feel like messing with the voltage much more

Is it just happening in Black ops? If so, then I assume it's black ops fault.

I think I ran into this little problem a while back. I was playing normally on the summit map. Then out of nowhere, the floor on the middle building became black. Nothing else went black, only the ground of the middle building. I stopped playing for a few hours, and never happened again.

Is it just happening in Black ops? If so, then I assume it's black ops fault.

I think I ran into this little problem a while back. I was playing normally on the summit map. Then out of nowhere, the floor on the middle building became black. Nothing else went black, only the ground of the middle building. I stopped playing for a few hours, and never happened again.
Yeah it just happened with black ops and only on low settings. When it happened the floor on cracked in the middle building had went black and then I saw a guy from the spy plane so I prefired him and when he came around he was black then BAM BSOD... :(

Sounds to me like your video card is overheating. Those are very high temps.

Load temps for a 3850, those are quite normal.

30 minutes with prime is nothing. To get anything out of prime, you have to run it for a long time. 5+ hours to get true stability testing.

Since your system is dying when you're gaming and not during CPU testing, it's not too hard to draw conclusions here.

If your power supply weighs less than a moderately priced toaster, it's of low quality. For the record, Logisys won't ever come near my computer. Such horrid quality power supplies. Get yourself an Antec Earth watts or a Corsair post haste before you kill everything in your system.

Never ever skimp out on the power supply.

Back
Top Bottom