Random Chit Chat

It depends on the i5 that you are talking about, Teny. Some are dual HT'd, some are just quads. The dual core hyperthreaded i5's aren't bad at all, but the quad i5 (namely the 750/760) are still considered high performance - just not enthusiast grade.

has anyone gotten COD4 multiplayer working with windows 7? it crashes on me whenever I launch it

Works for me.

It depends on the i5 that you are talking about, Teny. Some are dual HT'd, some are just quads. The dual core hyperthreaded i5's aren't bad at all, but the quad i5 (namely the 750/760) are still considered high performance - just not enthusiast grade.

I see. One of my friends is asking me to build him an mid-end computer. However, he said he wanted an quad also.

I think there's something wrong with my dad's plasma. When it displays certain colors, the picture is completely covered in black sparkles. The issue is most apparent when on a mostly blue signal. It does it on system menus, so it's definitely not an issue with the cables or the source. It's really bizarre because I have the htpc sitting at the desktop right now, and it looks perfect. Anyone know what's going on? I've googled quite a bit but I cannot find anyone with a similar issue.

How do I set up a TV tuner in Windows 7? Seriously, I've spent at least 10 hours on this and I've gotten absolutely nowhere. It refuses to let me install the driver or it lets me install it, then tells me that the one it installed was "better" and it's going to use it instead.

EDIT: Tuner is Pinnacle PCTV 110i. I also have an 80e, but I doubt that one will ever work.

I think there's something wrong with my dad's plasma. When it displays certain colors, the picture is completely covered in black sparkles. The issue is most apparent when on a mostly blue signal. It does it on system menus, so it's definitely not an issue with the cables or the source. It's really bizarre because I have the htpc sitting at the desktop right now, and it looks perfect. Anyone know what's going on? I've googled quite a bit but I cannot find anyone with a similar issue.

It could be a few things. But you can try checking and adjusting the for the correct voltages; there's three that need to be correct and are adjusted with pot's on the PSU board, they supply the PDP engine boards. I don't have the info right now on the lappy but a few 50" plasma's that i've worked on had the voltage settings displayed on labels inside the unit. This might fix the issue although if it's temporary then the problem is elsewhere.

Oh and while the cover is off check the PSU board for bad caps, I had to replace 9 on the PSU of the current TV i'm looking at, although this is less likely to be the problem.

If the voltages are correct, 190V, 5V, 18V, I think(?), then i'd suspect the 'Y' or 'Z' sustain boards.

I don't think it's the Main/AV Board or the Control Board basically cause these are pretty reliable parts of a plasma TV and i'll rule out the upper and lower 'Y' buffer boards cause the chances of both failing at the same time are low.

I'll be on the main rig later so i'll post up some pictures of the current set i'm looking at to help you out.

EDIT:

Does anyone know how to set the forum to automatically display the last post in a thread?

Back
Top Bottom