Issues with friend's custom pc..

codeman0013

In Runtime
Hey,

My friend brought me 2 computers and wanted 1 built out of it. I have got all of the parts together and it will post but no matter what i do i cannot get either one of the hard drives to install windows. I have tried removing all the hardware but the bare minimum yet it just wont work. It will get to setup is starting windows and hang or blue screen. I tried to run Boot and Nuke and it wont do anything either. Suggestions anyone I'm at a loss on this one..

what version of windows are you installing?? Where exactly does the install fail?? At the begining / half way through ? Can you give us the blue screen error code??

what version of windows are you installing?? Where exactly does the install fail?? At the begining / half way through ? Can you give us the blue screen error code??

Its windows xp home edition sp2 it fails at all different points.. most recently its at the point where it says setup is loading windows before it gives the options for formatting and such it will bluescreen and just stop there on both harddrives never had that before. I will try to get the code again but its doing this with just the motherboard video card (tried 2 of them) plugged in tried swapping ram and everything but its a bad_pool_header and another one i dont remember for sure will get more info in about an hour while my daughter is napping..

Have you run any tests on it?

You can use memtest downloadable from here:

Memtest86 - Download Page

to test the memory. Leave it running for at least a good few hours, errors can come up every few passes, so even if it says 100% through, it will carry on and errors can still be found.

You can also test your hard drive, just get the utility from your hard drive manufacturer's website and boot with that and run the tests

Its a syntax motherboard model sv266ad the primary hdd i'm trying to get working is a wd800bb i downloaded the dos utilities but i cant even get into them it goes to a screen where you have to press escape to continue and it wont do anything HELP!!

Its a syntax motherboard model sv266ad the primary hdd i'm trying to get working is a wd800bb i downloaded the dos utilities but i cant even get into them it goes to a screen where you have to press escape to continue and it wont do anything HELP!!

Have you run any of the utilities I posted?

Have you run any of the utilities I posted?

Yes i did memtest for 2 hours it was OK no issues but the one for the hard-drive does not do anything it just sits there.. i'm starting to think he has bigger issues than the hard-drive it might be the motherboard.. any suggestions on what i can check?

Yes i did memtest for 2 hours it was OK no issues but the one for the hard-drive does not do anything it just sits there.. i'm starting to think he has bigger issues than the hard-drive it might be the motherboard.. any suggestions on what i can check?

Other than swapping out with known working parts, you can't really identify the issue, at least not with the info given. Have you tried doing a CMOS reset, sounds like a pretty out there idea, but stranger things have been known to work...

Back
Top Bottom