Random Chit Chat

hey, grantofhell. how do you like the TJ07? I'm really leaning towards buying it so that I can fit my entire loop inside my case. Can it fit a quad radiator without modding?

Aesthetics are amazing, but it lacks in cable management options. It comes with little to no routing options for 12vEPS, 24pinATX, SATA, etc. The major benefit for the main power cables is that this case comes with nearly 2x standard height mobo standoffs, which allows you to run the cables directly under the mobo. But even my 19.5" 12vEPS had a hard time reaching the socket. Regardless, it can look good just running the cables, as I did with the SATA...but it would be nice to have other options. As far as quad rads are concerned, a 480 can fit if you remove both HDD cages (which is easy, since the majority of the case is assembled by screws). A 560 would probably not fit.

The mobo tray is also easily reversed to fit inverted ATX. Three screws in each rail for the tray, and the screw holes exist on both sides of the top and mid-plate.

Look at Lian-Li's PC-P80. It could probably fit a 480 in the front bays.

Aesthetics are amazing, but it lacks in cable management options. It comes with little to no routing options for 12vEPS, 24pinATX, SATA, etc. The major benefit for the main power cables is that this case comes with nearly 2x standard height mobo standoffs, which allows you to run the cables directly under the mobo. But even my 19.5" 12vEPS had a hard time reaching the socket. Regardless, it can look good just running the cables, as I did with the SATA...but it would be nice to have other options. As far as quad rads are concerned, a 480 can fit if you remove both HDD cages (which is easy, since the majority of the case is assembled by screws). A 560 would probably not fit.

The mobo tray is also easily reversed to fit inverted ATX. Three screws in each rail for the tray, and the screw holes exist on both sides of the top and mid-plate.

Look at Lian-Li's PC-P80. It could probably fit a 480 in the front bays.

I've seen tons of people mount huge radiators in the bottom of the case by the PSU, how hard would it be to mount one there?

Exactly, at the bottom. I'm sure you've heard of the notorious "Hammond Box"? you'll want those, or something similar to raise the radiator up a bit so it lines up with the grille, though.

Hmm, seems like the Sandy Bridge CPUs are released. They look reasonably priced too. I'm currently looking at i5 by the way.

Back
Top Bottom