Think its time to lose some fans.

detox1

Daemon Poster
I've been debating on getting into liquid cooling. There are 7 fans total in my Antec 900. But its not really the case fans that bother me, as with them having 3 speeds they are on low and barely audible.
The CPU and GPU fans on the other hand, under load, are very loud. I have been looking and its a little more expensive than I first thought. Which is ok, I'll just save a little bit more.

I like what I see with Koolance, they seem to have everything I need, but also seem to be a bit on the pricey side. I've looked at Swiftech as well, but they seem to be a bit limited on video card blocks.

I see a few of you here have some experience with liquid cooling. and was hoping you would have some insight.

Thanks

I was thinking its going to be over $400CND, I'd rather not use any universal parts if I can, or skimp on quality or things needed. If your going to suggest a setup, I'm willing to keep an open mind.

Also, I'm not overly clocking my quad, and not at all for the GTX(but might in the future if I can figure it out), if that makes a difference.

So, you're looking to spend ~400CAD cooling a 965BE and a GTX460. You want quiet cooling?

ok, am I missing something? I know nothing about liquid cooling. is it louder?

Well, it depends on what you want. Some radiators are meant to have high flow/static pressure fans (100+ CFM, normally) for optimum cooling, and some are designed for super low flow (< 20dBA) fans. It all depends on the FPI (fins per inch). And there are pumps to match the above two options. Which is why I asked, are you looking for quiet or even super-quiet liquid cooling? Or does it not really matter, so long as it's not really loud?

well, i suppose since I'm not doing any super overclocking, I could get away with something quiet. The amount of heat generated won't be extreme.
and isn't liquid cooling inherently quiet to begin with since the fan speed is constant? I'm pretty sure bigger fans are quieter compared to smaller fans pushing the same CFM. is this right?

CPU-350AT CPU-350AT (CPU), Acetal

VID-NX460 VID-NX460 (GeForce GTX 460)

HX-720 Radiator, 2x120mm 18-FPI Aluminum

RP-980BK Reservoir and Pump, RP-980BK, Black

This is what I think I'm going to get, plus the hose, fans, nozzles etc..comes to $410cdn plus shipping , everything from Koolance. too lazy to put the links in, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom