Graphics card going bad?

Sounds to me like your video card is overheating. Those are very high temps.

I know.. It's always been around this high.. I actually took off the heatsink and cleaned it all up then put some OCZ ultra 5+ thermal paste on it... I had arctic silver before the OCZ... I know the card is one that runs hot though, I think 83c....

I'm guessing its messed up and its just overheating... :(

The highest one of my video cards has gone is 73c and that was OC'd on stock cooling.

Sounds to me like your video card is overheating. Those are very high temps.

I know.. It's always been around this high.. I actually took off the heatsink and cleaned it all up then put some OCZ ultra 5+ thermal paste on it... I had arctic silver before the OCZ... I know the card is one that runs hot though, I think 83c....

I'm guessing its messed up and its just overheating... :(

mid - high 80s is getting warm, but is not too hot or overheating for a graphics card, most will get into 3 figures before problems will really start. I would still say that your problem is either your.

I just read through your first post too about how you uninstalled the drivers. Because you used a driver sweeper and manually deleted registry entries, there is a high chance that your drivers didn't uninstall properly, so any problems that were there in the first place may still be there. CCC has the option to unisnstall old drivers, and it does it perfectly, no need to go here there and everywhere, using software which almost always doesn't work (driver sweepers) to do something that the program developed by the manufacturer of he card and drivers will do in a matter of seconds.

Download CCC + Drivers for your card from here:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

Run it, you will have the option to install drivers, repair or uninstall. Choose the last one, restart. Run it again, this time installing the drivers. Restart, try again.

What are you using to check the temperatures of your card, and what were you using to overclock your card in the first place?

mid - high 80s is getting warm, but is not too hot or overheating for a graphics card, most will get into 3 figures before problems will really start. I would still say that your problem is either your.

I just read through your first post too about how you uninstalled the drivers. Because you used a driver sweeper and manually deleted registry entries, there is a high chance that your drivers didn't uninstall properly, so any problems that were there in the first place may still be there. CCC has the option to unisnstall old drivers, and it does it perfectly, no need to go here there and everywhere, using software which almost always doesn't work (driver sweepers) to do something that the program developed by the manufacturer of he card and drivers will do in a matter of seconds.

Download CCC + Drivers for your card from here:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

Run it, you will have the option to install drivers, repair or uninstall. Choose the last one, restart. Run it again, this time installing the drivers. Restart, try again.

What are you using to check the temperatures of your card, and what were you using to overclock your card in the first place?

I did use the CCC uninstaller and it didn't left behind a lot of registry files. I used CCC, deleted registry, used driver sweeper, used ccleaner to clean the registry again. Did this 3 times.

Also that link is for 10.12, which I have, for vista. I have xp :)

The program I used was CCC, gpu-z and speedfan to check temps and CCC to overclock. If I click the auto tune button it'll just immediately crash

Oh yeah and I manually overclocked it by the way

I did use the CCC uninstaller and it didn't left behind a lot of registry files. I used CCC, deleted registry, used driver sweeper, used ccleaner to clean the registry again. Did this 3 times.

Also that link is for 10.12, which I have, for vista. I have xp :)

The program I used was CCC, gpu-z and speedfan to check temps and CCC to overclock. If I click the auto tune button it'll just immediately crash

Oh yeah and I manually overclocked it by the way

The registry entries left over don't matter, think of them like creating a new folder, but leaving it empty, it is a waste of space, but affects nothing.

I was going off what was in your sig saying for the link, no point in trying the XP one really if you have uninstalled with CCC then reinstalled.

As you used CCC, and not a program that would let you change voltages, guess there is no issue with you overvolting it.

I would still say that the problem is to do with your power supply rather than your video card. You can disprove me by sticking a different video card, if you have one, in your system and trying that, if it causes no problems, you know that it is the card that is your problem, not the power supply. Either way, I would ditch that unit as soon as you possibly can for something more substantial

Yeah I'll have to try it out and see what happens if I run a good PSU and I'll come back and post here.

Edit: I've been running ATITool, scanning for artifacts for 2 hours and 40 mins and it hasn't had any errors. So I'm guessing it just might not be the GPU then lol

When I play black ops now I turned the settings to normal instead of low and it didn't blue screen.. I monitored the temperature in the back ground and the max temp was 68c, even on "extra" settings

Or the PSU killed the video card...

There would likely be artifacting or other problems in every single application, not just one game

When I play black ops now I turned the settings to normal instead of low and it didn't blue screen.. I monitored the temperature in the back ground and the max temp was 68c, even on "extra" settings

Well it would seem like a software issue with BO then rather than a harware issue. If you set it back to low now, does it BSOD again?

There would likely be artifacting or other problems in every single application, not just one game

Well it would seem like a software issue with BO then rather than a harware issue. If you set it back to low now, does it BSOD again?

That's very true, but I was thinking maybe CoD was the only game he played that pushed his hardware that hard. Maybe we're looking at the wrong suspect here though? I know CoD: BO is VERY CPU intensive, maybe that's the culprit?

Back
Top Bottom