Random Chit Chat

hopefully new folding card he has been dropping it these past 2 weeks
Zotac GTX 260 Video Card

Dang, that's an awesome deal. It should get something like 7k ppd.

My mobo and monitor came in today. It turns out that the s775 mobo didn't have s775 mounting holos, so I had to bolt down some aluminum strips over the top of the heatsink. It works, but I'm not really comfortable with how much it bends the mobo. Anyway, I just got the folding rig set up, only to find that my wireless card no longer works. So, I guess it'll be another week before I can actually get it folding.

I'm working on getting my monitor setup right now.

what cards will be in it?

An thats some high electric usage.

It has a 9600 gso a.k.a. 8800 gs and a 9800 gx2. It actually doesn't use a ton of power. I think I figured 400 watts, though it may be a bit less.

On to the problem...

FFFFFFUUUUUUU.png

I hate DRM. The software companies apparently think it's okay to treat legitimate buyers like criminals. Seriously, this game was apparently only good for five installs. So basically, ea expects everyone to have one computer and never reformat. The worst part is that I didn't even want to play the game. All I was trying to do was test the stereo effect of my new monitor. Since that's the only game I brought, I now have to wait twenty hours to download bad company 2 over our 1 megabit connection. Just to see what 3D gaming looks like.

/RANT

Yeah, DRM does suck. I wonder if that will affect Steam users. I'm assuming no as you need to be signed into Steam anyways just to play Steam purchased games anyways.

What game are you trying to install by the way?

It's crysis warhead. But really, I'm just trying to get any game installed.

I did download the 3D trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean 4, and it was somewhat impressive. The 3D definitely worked better than the 3D TVs I've used, but it still did the cardboard cutout effect when people were standing more than a few feet from the camera. I also noticed a bit of crosstalk, but it wasn't too severe. I doubt I will be able to use this on a regular basis, but it's definitely pretty cool. I'll get a full review up in a week or two.

When I try to game on my Sony Viao, and I enable Vsync, it always locks my frames at 30FPS. I've tried vsync on 2 games, Street Fighter IV and Starcraft II. When I disable vsync, it runs past 60FPS and does screen tearing. Anyway to fix this?

That sounds really odd. Why would Windows 8 support ARM? Nobody uses it for desktops. It'd make a lot more sense if their server OS supported ARM though.

Oh, and RISC OS never really died. It's still under active development. A lot of people still use it.

Why?

Because servers tend to be used for very specific purposes, and thus require little third party software. If Windows went to ARM for normal pcs, it would be bad for developers because they would have to support both architectures. That is the total opposite of what microsoft would want.

But the ARM don't produce any processors that come close to matching intels latest Xeons - and I think it's fair to say that your average server needs to be faster than your average desktop... so how would Having an ARM compatible version of Windows Server, but NOT an ARM version of consumer versions of windows help?

Back
Top Bottom