Would a virus lookup hotels or was a person using my comp?

Rolex2011

Beta member
I am not sure if this was a virus or something such as a trojan looking this up, or an actual person looking this up. Which is more likely?

In the history for Windows Explorer (vista toshiba laptop) there are some things from a couple weeks ago which I did not go to. There are two links in the history to a site that is about hotels in a town in Germany. And then there is also another link to the average monthly weather temperatures for that same town. There was a trojan or virus on the computer around this same time which was on it for a day or two until removed, and another accidentally gotten seperately a couple days later while looking up stuff for work.

The first one was called JET____ , the _'s were numbers I can't remember. But it did bring up popups which played classical music. I don't think these were for hotels, has anyone gotten these popups or heard of this JET virus? And is it likely that a virus, trojan, etc., could cause something like this or even be that specific as to look or pop up hotels and weather temperatures? This was around the beginning of December. Has anyone had a similar virus or heard of one?

1-10 == 1-virus 10-no virus
1-being more likely/most definitely able to be caused by a virus/trojan 10-not being able to be caused by any known viruses/trojans at all

Someone was most likely on your computer. Where is this computer at work or at home?

Do a complete virus scan using your favorite program, and see if it comes up with anything. Most viruses will have loads of pop-ups and redirect you to weird pages but wont end up in your browsers search bar unless you or the unknown person types it in.

Your ip address can be used to trace your (vague) physical location. Mine, for example, traces to the next town over. You probably have a weird ip and those popups would have been for your town or a near one had it been normal.

Back
Top Bottom