[VirtualBox] Windows XP

Calypso1

Beta member
Okay, so I just installed Windows XP on VirtualBox software, and I made a mistake by not giving it sufficient storage, only about 5GB as I thought it would expand as necessary. It didn't do it that way though, so I added a new driver with 50GB to it, and the problem is when I try to upgrade to SP3 it only checks for the storage I have on my C: drive, which only has 150MB left. I need it to check my X: drive which is the one I just installed, because it says I don't have enough storage, my question is, how do I install it on my X: drive(new drive)?

Welcome to CF!

I'm not familiar with anyway to install a service pack on a separate drive. You may need to delete the Virtual Machine and create a new with a larger C: drive as that's where the windows components are stored.

Thanks for the fast response, I guess that's what I figured I would have to do, but since it's so time-consuming I wanted to look for an alternative.

I'll do that now I guess, thanks again.

If you select expandable hard disk size in installation time, then we can edit the harddisk size. Please let me know which virtualbox are you using..sunxvm or other??

Thanks for replying, but I already reinstalled it with a larger hard drive, so I don't need anymore help. Moderators, feel free to close this.

Back
Top Bottom