Newbie hoping for wireless help

Spyder1

Beta member
Hi all,
I'm sure that someone out there has the answer to my problem which has been frustrating me for a while.
My son's computer developed a problem where it would freeze up and virus was suspected.
So I purchased from Acer the System Disc and Recovery Discs and installed them.
This is an Aspire 1 on Windows xp.
Now the wireless connection doesn't show up and I can't do a wireless search.
The icon isn't there when it shows all Network Connections.
When I go to 'create a new connection', it doesn't prompt me (like my computer does)to 'view wireless connections in range'.
My pc's wireless shows 'Atheros AR5007EG wireless...' , so I tried to add new hardware on his and selected 'network adapters' and chose the same Atheros.
Then a message comes up 'The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. The device cannot start (code 10)'. Then I click 'view or change resource' and I get 'device does not require any resources'. I've also tried updating drivers with no luck.
Please tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Sounds like you may have the wrong driver can you give us the serial # of this machine and we can help you to get the correct drivers.

Codeman,
Thanks for answering.
I've tried 3 different drivers.
Wireless LAN atheros 7.7.0.321 XPx86
Wireless LAN atheros 8.0.0.225 W7 (which was recommended by acer, but isn't that windows 7?)
WLAN atheros v7.6.1.221 XPx86
It's a D250-1165
Could there be a conflict having 3 different network adapters (not drivers) installed?
Also, under 'Network Controller' in device manager (the icon is a yellow question mark) it says 'the drivers are not installed (code 28)'

forgot the serial #lus680b0669435bf9c1601

Back
Top Bottom