Need help with volume. (Goes down randomly)

KimmieCo

Beta member
Hello,
I have a huge problem with the volume on my laptop. It randomly keeps turning itself down, sometimes it will go days without this problem happening and then sometimes it does it for days. It has got to the point of me being frustrated yelling at my computer like a crazy person. I've looked on a million forum sites for an answer to this, an yet have been able to find none. So please help..

Here are some things to help you guys decide what the problem might be, if you decide to answer to this thread..

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 6930 (I've called the place they refuse to help me without paying them..which I refuse to do)
My OS is Vista 64 bit.
I've read on a few forums that it could be my Realtek Audio Driver, but no one posted any ways on how to fix this.
I've also had the idea maybe it was my keyboard... at the top of my keyboard is a line of buttons that can be pushed, volume up & down, open IE (which also pops up sometimes) and a button to turn my internet off an on.. also a few other buttons which I have never used. I believe it might be this.. but yet again I do not know how to solve this problem.. is there a way to turn the buttons off on the top of my keyboard?

These are just a few things.. I really have no idea so please help!! :(

Hello,
I have a huge problem with the volume on my laptop. It randomly keeps turning itself down, sometimes it will go days without this problem happening and then sometimes it does it for days. It has got to the point of me being frustrated yelling at my computer like a crazy person. I've looked on a million forum sites for an answer to this, an yet have been able to find none. So please help..

Here are some things to help you guys decide what the problem might be, if you decide to answer to this thread..

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 6930 (I've called the place they refuse to help me without paying them..which I refuse to do)
My OS is Vista 64 bit.
I've read on a few forums that it could be my Realtek Audio Driver, but no one posted any ways on how to fix this.
I've also had the idea maybe it was my keyboard... at the top of my keyboard is a line of buttons that can be pushed, volume up & down, open IE (which also pops up sometimes) and a button to turn my internet off an on.. also a few other buttons which I have never used. I believe it might be this.. but yet again I do not know how to solve this problem.. is there a way to turn the buttons off on the top of my keyboard?

These are just a few things.. I really have no idea so please help!! :(
This really sounds to me like a simple case of stuck buttons. There are programs out there that will disable your keys, I would try looking into that. If you want to use the keys, you can open the laptop up (will void the warranty) and clean the keys, and the problem will most likely go away.

This really sounds to me like a simple case of stuck buttons. There are programs out there that will disable your keys, I would try looking into that. If you want to use the keys, you can open the laptop up (will void the warranty) and clean the keys, and the problem will most likely go away.

Any good programs you could suggest? It's not on the keyboard.. its up top above the keyboard on the laptop the volume keys are.. but i'll look into the programs. Thank you.

I have this same model laptop and the same problem. I have worked around it by killing launch manager (in the description column) in task manager. Launch manager has acer somewhere in the image name, but I already killed it so I don't remember for sure what it is exactly. I have to do this after each reboot so at some point I will look at permanently disabling it.

Back
Top Bottom