Troubleshooting new computer build

jrs6494

Baseband Member
Okay I have posted before about this build and now I am having issues trying to install windows 7.

I have a new mobo, ram and hard drive. The HD has nothing on it. I attempted to install Windows 7 full version. When I start the pc i can get to the bios no problem. I then have it boot to CD.

Sometime right off the bat it goes to blue screen other times in the middle of install. The error is the same every time:
The error is: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - STOP: 0x0000000A

I have tried only one stick of Ram instead of three. I also tried a 2nd new hard drive which is the exact same as the 1st one (western digital caviar black 500gig).

Is there something normally wrong when you get this error or a basic troubleshooting guide or something? Thanks for any help.

Hello jrs6494

"IRQL" seems like an error with one of the chipsets on your system board or even an expansion card. Try using a different system board that will work with your other hardware. If that's not practical for you, just try using a different hard drive (and/or hardware). Like one from a known working system. If that doesn't work keep using the same method for the rest of the hardware, and perhaps even the installation disk (though very unlikely). "Replace a suspected bad with a known good." My college professor taught me that. There's a big difference between using hardware from a working machine than hardware that's brand new and never been used. So my last tid-bit of advice would be to check the BIOS settings for something that seems out of place. Physically reset the BIOS by removing the little "coin-cell" battery. Some BIOS manufactures have "Optimized BIOS Settings" and "Minimal BIOS Settings". The BSOD you're experiencing may be treatable just by tinkering around in the BIOS settings and installing one piece of hardware at a time.

Back
Top Bottom